Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

18 years separated

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

118 years separated Empty 18 years separated Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:28 am

arvic_namia

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I just want to ask kung pwede bang ma annul/divorce ang marriage sa ibang bansa and not here in the philippines? separated ang parents ko for 18 years dahil pumunta sa saipan ang tatay ko and hindi na umuwi may pamilya na rin sya doon and lately kinontak nya ang nanay ko para magpapirma ng papeles for annulment/divorce. Ang sabi nya doon lang daw yun valid and not here in philippines requirement daw kasi nya for applying visa sa saipan. Is it possible na mangyari eh dito sila kinasal sa philippines? Hoping na may makasagot sa akin..

Many Thanks

218 years separated Empty Re: 18 years separated Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:14 pm

Jadis

Jadis
Reclusion Perpetua

As long as your parents are both Filipino citizens, wherever the acquire a divorce decree, that will never be recognized in the Philippines.

It is only when the FOREIGNER SPOUSE (or the Filipino who then became a naturalized citizen of another country that allows divorce) is the one who files for divorce can the Philippines recognize a divorce decree.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum