Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

separated for more than 4 years

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1separated for more than 4 years Empty separated for more than 4 years Mon May 08, 2017 10:15 am

Jaedry

Arresto Menor

Hi, just wanna ask if I can have another relationship after I had been separated from my spouse more than four years ago for the reason that he murdered my dad and my mom. Just fortunate that my mom recovered. He is in jail and the case is still on going. He hasn't been convicted yet.

2separated for more than 4 years Empty Re: separated for more than 4 years Mon May 08, 2017 11:44 am

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua

Hi,

I am sorry to know about your situation.

When your husband is convicted, he will be sentenced to imprisonment for more than 6 years. This is a ground for legal separation. However, conviction is necessary.

Please note, however, that legal separation does not allow you or your husband to marry again and to enter into another relationship may make you liable for adultery.

Depending, however, on the circumstances surrounding your marriage (other than the murder), an option to file for a petition for nullity of marriage based on psychological incapacity of your husband may be explored.

If you need legal assistance/more information, you may email km@kgmlegal.ph

Regards,
Atty. Katrina

http://www.kgmlegal.ph

3separated for more than 4 years Empty Re: separated for more than 4 years Mon May 08, 2017 2:22 pm

Jaedry

Arresto Menor

Good afternoon Atty. Katrina. I've read your reply regarding my query. Before the murder thing happened we got separated already because he's a drug addict. He killed my dad and almost my mom for no reason at all. And i really can't understand why you said he will just be sentenced for 6 years.We file two cases murder and frustrated murder. The fiscal who takes care of our case said that he will be sentenced for life. We have four kids and the responsibilities specifically financially was just my sole obligation ever since. He never had a job ever since. I have a boyfriend now to be honest. So I am just wondering if the marriage will be null and void. I really wanted to get an annulment but I know it would cost me much. Another thing is isn't what he did with my family is a ground that looses his right as my husband? Thanks in advance.

4separated for more than 4 years Empty Re: separated for more than 4 years Mon May 08, 2017 3:57 pm

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua

Hi, I replied to you via email. Thank you.

http://www.kgmlegal.ph

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum