Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Saan po pwede magfile ng legal separation?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Saan po pwede magfile ng legal separation? Empty Saan po pwede magfile ng legal separation? Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:53 pm

ed

Arresto Menor

Good day!
Gusto ko po sana magfile ng legal separation? I am married since 1996. I have one son who is under my custody. I am the only one supporting my son since my wife abandon us. My wife was already married with another man in Japan last 2008. She is now living with him and as far as i know may anak na po sila.
Gusto ko po sana maayos ang lahat, gusto ko po na mailagay sa mga documents na legally separated. Me mga plano na rin po ako mag-asawa uli. Please help me.
Thanks.
More power.

attyLLL

legal separation will not annul your marriage.

did your wife become a foreign citizen before she married you?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Saan po pwede magfile ng legal separation? Empty Saan po pwede magfile ng legal separation? Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:15 am

ed

Arresto Menor

Filipino citizen po kami pareho when we got married in 1996. Wala po kami legal separation, when she marry another man in japan last 2008. Nakapagpakasal po siya dun at nabago din yun passport, japanese surname na po siya.
Ano po pwede ko gawin para makakuha legal separation o annulment?

attyLLL

what do you mean her passport change; she now has a japanese passport?

it looks like she declared she was single in Japan. Her subsequent marriage does not dissolve yours.

are you going to get married again? you have the option of just leaving it alone.

ed

Arresto Menor

Yup, she has a japanese passport, spouse of Japanese national.
I have plan of getting married again but i dont know how to resolve this situation. Can i remarry again without getting legal separation first?
How about in documents like buying properties, what can i declare? single or separated?
Thanks for your advices.

attyLLL

you will have to know whether she divorced you and whether she was still a Filipina when she filed her pertition for divorce. If she was already japanese when she filed her petition, then you can use the decree of divorce to have it recognized here through a judicial petition in court.

if she was still a filipina, then philippine law looks at her 2nd marriage as bigamous and your marriage as still subsisting.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum