Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Husband in hiding

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Husband in hiding Empty Husband in hiding Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:09 pm

chelseayachiru

Arresto Menor

Hey guys,

I need insights regarding this current situation. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Scenario:
Husband & wife are separated for almost 3 years. They have a daughter.

Husband is a seaman, and stopped giving financial aid to his wife during his work overseas.
Wife reported the incident and the guy is already facing disciplinary action and got suspended by DOLE for this.
The husband still does not provide the necessary financial assistance which
led the wife to file a RA-9262 case against husband for depravation of child support.

Husband is now nowhere to be found. No communication with the wife. He is probably evading court summon or trial.
An anonymous tip later revealed that he is known to have been currently living with a mistress, and is still in the country. (PH)

Question:
1. Since violation of RA-9262 is a criminal offense, is the possibility of jailtime highly expected? (minimum of 6 mos.)
2. I've read that mediation is not allowed in ra 9262 cases, does that mean he could not get away from jail by mere settlement?
3. How can the court summon be given when the husband is nowhere to be found? will it stall the investigation / trial as long as he is not found?
4. If he is known to be facing a criminal case, will leading the police to his location help? and will he be locked up?
5. What will happen to the mistress? when found living with the guy during the police confrontation? (legal wife will be unavailable during this time)

Thank you very much!

2Husband in hiding Empty Re: Husband in hiding Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:00 pm

chelseayachiru

Arresto Menor

anyone? kahit anong answer po, i would really appreciate it.

3Husband in hiding Empty Re: Husband in hiding Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:00 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

1. it depends on the court.
2. if there is no mediation, the case will just proceed.
3. if respondent cannot be found, summons will be published in publications.
4. if he has an arrest warrant, you can help the police locating him to be imprisoned.
5. it depends if arrest warrant is also issued to this person.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum