Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Obligasyon Magbayad ng Utang

+2
attyLLL
excel427
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Obligasyon Magbayad ng Utang Empty Obligasyon Magbayad ng Utang Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:20 pm

excel427

Arresto Menor

Hi Sir,

Somebody borrowed money from me and I sent it thru
money transfer. I have the receipt as proof. When its
payback time, I can no longer contact the person. He
has been evading my calls and would not even talk to
everytime I ask if he still intends to pay me.

Do we have a law on this? what legal action can I
take? its just a small amount of money PHP10,000 but
the principle still applies that I should be paid
for what they owe me. Please advise on how I should
go about this. Kawawa ang mga katulad ko na biktima.
Tatakasan ang utang just because maliit lang.
Kung may protection ang mga SINISINGIL meron din ba
protection sa mga NANININGIL?
Thank you very much Sir.

2Obligasyon Magbayad ng Utang Empty Re: Obligasyon Magbayad ng Utang Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:17 am

attyLLL

i recommend you consider a small claims case, details on sc.judiciary.gov.ph

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Obligasyon Magbayad ng Utang Empty Re: Obligasyon Magbayad ng Utang Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:49 am

Pinsalib

Arresto Menor

Hi sir,

I would to ask for your advice..

Last Nov 2010, a distant relative borrowed from me 50k pesos. She promised to pay it within 2 weeks plus an interest of 10% (commonly known as 5-6, it was her idea, not mine). We had this agreement written on paper. However, when the loan was due, she told me that she had my money loaned to a third person and that person will be paying the amount the following week. She asked me to give her more time and promised that she will pay me as soon as she gets the money. She also asked if I could extend her additional loan of 45k making her debt to 100k (50k original principal + 5k interest + 45k additional) with the same interest rate of 10% every 2 weeks. I was hesistant to give her the additional loan kasi para sa akin e malaki na yung 50k na utang nya but she is a relative, and according to my mother, she was a good payer. I give her the additional 45k but without any written agreement (I admit, it was my mistake).

After two weeks, I texted her telling her to pay the 100k plus interest to my mother instead since I was in manila at that time when the loan was again due. I learned later from my mother that she only paid 14k pesos and again asked if she could pay the balance in 1 week time since she again loaned it to another third person.

To cut the story short, she never paid anymore. I kept on asking her through text about the loan but she only gave reasons and kept on asking for more time.

Last month, I lost my job and I really needed the money I gave her. I kept on texting her almost everyday, begging her to pay, even telling her to waive the interest, just pay the principal amount, but to no avail. Oftentimes she just ignored my texts and calls.

Sir, what should I do? Can I still recover the whole principal I gave her even if only 50k pesos was with a written agreement? Is my case within the jurisdiction of the small claims court? If ever this case will reach the court, will I stand a chance considering the lack of proof?

I only had the intention to be helpful but she betrayed me, and now I am suffering for being trustful.

Please help me sir...

4Obligasyon Magbayad ng Utang Empty Re: Obligasyon Magbayad ng Utang Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:05 pm

attyLLL

you can still allege the additional amounts but you will have to provide proof if it is denied that it was received.

if you go small claims, only up to 100k can be claimed

5Obligasyon Magbayad ng Utang Empty Re: Obligasyon Magbayad ng Utang Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:24 am

simplengtanong

Arresto Menor

excel427 wrote:Hi Sir,

Somebody borrowed money from me and I sent it thru
money transfer. I have the receipt as proof. When its
payback time, I can no longer contact the person. He
has been evading my calls and would not even talk to
everytime I ask if he still intends to pay me.

Do we have a law on this? what legal action can I
take? its just a small amount of money PHP10,000 but
the principle still applies that I should be paid
for what they owe me. Please advise on how I should
go about this. Kawawa ang mga katulad ko na biktima.
Tatakasan ang utang just because maliit lang.
Kung may protection ang mga SINISINGIL meron din ba
protection sa mga NANININGIL?
Thank you very much Sir.

HANAP KA ABOGADO TAPOS MAG FILE KAYO NG ACTION FOR COLLECTION OF SUM OF MONEY. ITAGO MO UNG RESIBO, AT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE WOG MO BURAHIN IF EVER MAN NA MERON KAYUNG TRANSACTIONS SA SMS.

HOWEVER...... BASE SA MGA SALAYSAY MO E WALA NAMAN KAYONG PINAGKASUNDUANG ARAW KUNG KAILAN NYA BABAYARAN ANG UTANG KAYA KAILANGAN MO MUNANG PUMUNTA SA KORTE AND LET THE COURT FIX THE DURATION OF PERIOD KUNG KAILAN SIYA DAPAT MAGBAYAD (ART. 1197 NCC) AND UPON THE ARRIVAL OF THE JUDICIAL PERIOD AND HE FAILED TO PAY THE OBLIGATION, THEN THAT IS THE RIGHT TIME TO FILE AN ACTION FOR COLLECTION OF SUM OF MONEY.

---

LAW STUDENT

Last edited by simplengtanong on Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ADDITIONAL INFO)

6Obligasyon Magbayad ng Utang Empty Re: Obligasyon Magbayad ng Utang Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:34 am

simplengtanong

Arresto Menor

Pinsalib wrote:Hi sir,

I would to ask for your advice..

Last Nov 2010, a distant relative borrowed from me 50k pesos. She promised to pay it within 2 weeks plus an interest of 10% (commonly known as 5-6, it was her idea, not mine). We had this agreement written on paper. However, when the loan was due, she told me that she had my money loaned to a third person and that person will be paying the amount the following week. She asked me to give her more time and promised that she will pay me as soon as she gets the money. She also asked if I could extend her additional loan of 45k making her debt to 100k (50k original principal + 5k interest + 45k additional) with the same interest rate of 10% every 2 weeks. I was hesistant to give her the additional loan kasi para sa akin e malaki na yung 50k na utang nya but she is a relative, and according to my mother, she was a good payer. I give her the additional 45k but without any written agreement (I admit, it was my mistake).

After two weeks, I texted her telling her to pay the 100k plus interest to my mother instead since I was in manila at that time when the loan was again due. I learned later from my mother that she only paid 14k pesos and again asked if she could pay the balance in 1 week time since she again loaned it to another third person.

To cut the story short, she never paid anymore. I kept on asking her through text about the loan but she only gave reasons and kept on asking for more time.

Last month, I lost my job and I really needed the money I gave her. I kept on texting her almost everyday, begging her to pay, even telling her to waive the interest, just pay the principal amount, but to no avail. Oftentimes she just ignored my texts and calls.

Sir, what should I do? Can I still recover the whole principal I gave her even if only 50k pesos was with a written agreement? Is my case within the jurisdiction of the small claims court? If ever this case will reach the court, will I stand a chance considering the lack of proof?

I only had the intention to be helpful but she betrayed me, and now I am suffering for being trustful.

Please help me sir...

1. THIS IS A PURE OBLIGATION - IKAW AT SIYA ANG PARTIES SA OBLIGATION WHEREIN IKAW ANG CREDITOR AT SIYA ANG DEBTOR. HER CONTENTION OF PAYING HER OBLIGATION WHENEVER THE THIRD PERSON (SHE MENTIONED WHO CONTRACTED A SUBSEQUENT LOAN TO HER WHOM SHE CONVEYED THE MONEY YOU LEND) WOULD PAY THE SAID MONEY WOULD NOT EXTEND THE PERIOD OF DEMANDABILITY OF HER OBLIGATION UNLESS YOU EXPRESSLY OR IMPLIEDLY PERMITTED S0. AND SINCE DUE AND DEMANDABLE NA ANG OBLIGATION.........>>>

2. FILE AN ACTION FOR COLLECTION OF SUM OF MONEY. INGATAN MO YANG MGA PROMISORY NOTES, EVIDENCE YAN. PATI NARIN UNG MGA COMMUNICATION NYA SA SMS MO. BE CERTAIN SA MGA DATE SPECIALLY YUNG TIME NA UMUTANG SIYA SAYO.

7Obligasyon Magbayad ng Utang Empty Re: Obligasyon Magbayad ng Utang Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:47 pm

Pinsalib

Arresto Menor

Thanks po sa advice mga sirs. I sent her a text message lately wherein mentioned doon na may utang sya sa akin na 100k plus interest. Tapos nagreply po sya ng, "k". sufficient na po ba yun as admittance na may utang nga sya sa akin na ganung halaga?

8Obligasyon Magbayad ng Utang Empty Re: Obligasyon Magbayad ng Utang Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:32 am

attyLLL

pinsalib, i would argue that is a valid acknowledgment. the problem will be proving that she was the one who sent the message if she denies it.

9Obligasyon Magbayad ng Utang Empty Re: Obligasyon Magbayad ng Utang Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:58 am

bel08

Arresto Menor

gud am..i have my fren na d alam ang gagawin kasi kinuhanan nia ung tito nia ng pera sa kapitbahay nila na my interest..mag 2 years na dis de.na di sila nagbayad ng interest..bt humingi xa ng tulong sa tita nia abroad bt pumayag na tulungan xa pero makiusap sa nagpapautang na 5k a month ibibigay..wen they ask the nagpapautang ayaw pumayag ung 20k kasi na capital na hiniram niya e nging 60k na nkiusap ung tita nia na babayaran nia ung 60 5k every month para lang matapos eh ayaw pumayag pinakapitan ung fren ko kasi alam naman nia na kasalanan nia un..at nkiusap na siya ng ilang beses.ayaw pa din pumayag nung inutangan nilang kapitbahay nila..ano po ba pede gawin nung kaibigan ko?hindi naman niya tatalikuran as he promise sa barangay at sa nagkautangan niya.

10Obligasyon Magbayad ng Utang Empty Re: Obligasyon Magbayad ng Utang Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:09 am

bel08

Arresto Menor

umutang ung fren ko ng 20k last 2009 ng january..sa kapitanahy namin na nagpapa 5-6.and pinahiram naman siya di nakapagbigay ung kaibigan ko ng interest hanggang ung 20k eh naging 60k na daw..nakiusap ung kaibigan ko na hulugan na lang niya ng 5k a month hanggang matapos ung 60k kasi humingi lang siya ng tulong sa tita niya para matapos lang eh ayaw naman nong nakautangan niya ang gusto 5k a month bale ung 2k ibabawas interest nung 20k tapos ung 3k ibabawas don sa 60k..bale pag magbibigay kami ng 5k a month 3k lang ung nababawasan sa 60k a month..pinabaranggay ngaun ung kaibigan ko sabi ni kagawad sa kaibigan ko buti di ka sinsingil ng 6k a month (compulsary daw).nagpromise naman ung kaibigan ko na babayaran niya un unti unti pero ayaw pa din pumayag basta un na daw usapan 5k monthly 2k interest of 20k 3k bawas sa 60k(sum total for almost 2 years.)sinabi na idedemanda daw nila kaibigan ko natatakot siya kasi pumirma siya sa barangay kasi pinapirma daw siya nung kagawad..ayaw niya pumirma nung una kasi nga wala siyang alam na ibabayad maliban sa tulong na ibibigay ng tita nia..ano po ba pwedeng gawin ng kaibigan ko?kasi natatakot po siya baka ma estafa daw po siya at may banta na idedemanda na siya.wait for ur reply..thanks in advance

11Obligasyon Magbayad ng Utang Empty Re: Obligasyon Magbayad ng Utang Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:15 pm

attyLLL

do they have a written loan agreement?

12Obligasyon Magbayad ng Utang Empty Re: Obligasyon Magbayad ng Utang Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:18 pm

gurl09

Arresto Menor

wala po only in the barangay po na nag settle kmi pero di naman na settle

13Obligasyon Magbayad ng Utang Empty Re: Obligasyon Magbayad ng Utang Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:20 pm

gurl09

Arresto Menor

kasi wala naman kming alam na ibabayad..only the help of my tita para lang di nanakahiya..kasi utang naman nmin un eh

14Obligasyon Magbayad ng Utang Empty Re: Obligasyon Magbayad ng Utang Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:44 pm

bel08

Arresto Menor

wala po un lng po ung sa barangay po nung ngusap kmi..maari po b ko ksuhan ng estafa atty.? o mkukulong po b ko?

15Obligasyon Magbayad ng Utang Empty Re: Obligasyon Magbayad ng Utang Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:53 pm

bel08

Arresto Menor

ano po ba mgandang gawin atty.?kong iba2lik ko po ung 20k?tapos ung interest hulog hulugn ko n lng..much better kya un?

16Obligasyon Magbayad ng Utang Empty Re: Obligasyon Magbayad ng Utang Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:27 pm

bel08

Arresto Menor

atty.pumunta ko ng barangay knina para ma settele ung inutang namin na 20k na naging 60k?magbabayd ko ng 20k knina pero di didnt want na tanggapin ung 20k guto ibawas sa interest na 40k..di naman po ko pumayag gusto nnila na di na sila interesado sa ibabayad ko masira lang nila pangalan ko..ipapa nbi daw ko..

17Obligasyon Magbayad ng Utang Empty Re: Obligasyon Magbayad ng Utang Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:44 pm

bel08

Arresto Menor

sabi ko pauna na lang ung 20k tapos huluigan ko na alng 1k mothly ayaw pa din tnaggapin.gus2 pag hinulog ko ung 20k ung interest na 40k 10k a month un every month interest hanggang di matapos..

pls..need your reply attyLLL

18Obligasyon Magbayad ng Utang Empty Re: Obligasyon Magbayad ng Utang Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:32 pm

attyLLL

if they won't accept it, then you'll have to wait for their next move.

19Obligasyon Magbayad ng Utang Empty Re: Obligasyon Magbayad ng Utang Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:54 pm

bel08

Arresto Menor

ok thanks..kasi ang sinasabi is ang laban daw nila for filling estafa case against me ung pinirmahan kong loan of agreement sa brgy.na di natupad..thanks again for the time atty.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum