Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Non-compete Startup Help

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Non-compete Startup Help Empty Non-compete Startup Help Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:19 am

vongutom

Arresto Menor

Hi, I'm currently working in a startup here in Manila and I'm planning on transferring to our direct competitor. Reasons being: Bad management and questionable practices.

The thing is, I signed a non-compete. But it's not a separate contract, it was just a clause in my employment contract. The exact words are:

Non-compete clause: In the event of termination from employment for any reason, such as but not limited to dismissal, separation, resignation, and the like, the Employee binds himself not to be employed by, or aid, counsel, assist, directly or indirectly, any person, firm or corporation in direct competition with the Employer for a period of TWO (2) years from the date of such separation. Violation of this provision entitles the Employer to liquidated damages of equivalent to Php1 Million.

Things to note:
1. It didn't specify which are the direct competitors.
2. My copy of the contract has no signature from our CEO, boss or HR. There's a space for our boss, and me to sign, but I was only the one who signed it. (Maybe my boss's copy has both our signature? I can't say as I didn't see)
3. My copy of the contract is not notarized

Questionable practices:
1. Our company don't issue payslips..ever

Is this enforceable?

2Non-compete Startup Help Empty Re: Non-compete Startup Help Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:06 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

ikaw mismo nagsabi na direct competitor sila.

1. the company doesn't have to specify which others are the direct competitors.
2. --
3. notarization is not necessary

questionable practice?
1. payslip - not a legal requirement afaicr.

Enforceable - yes.

http://www.councilviews.com

3Non-compete Startup Help Empty Re: Non-compete Startup Help Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:53 am

StephCurry

Arresto Menor

Hi can a non-compete clause actually restricts you from applying directly to your previous employers clients?

4Non-compete Startup Help Empty Re: Non-compete Startup Help Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:43 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

StephCurry wrote:Hi can a non-compete clause actually restricts you from applying directly to your previous employers clients?

Why are you asking the same question in so many posts?

http://www.councilviews.com

5Non-compete Startup Help Empty Re: Non-compete Startup Help Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:47 am

arnoldventura

Reclusion Perpetua

Non-compete clause is among the restrictive provisions that may be included in an employment contract. Try reading this, I hope this helps you. https://www.alburovillanueva.com/must-employment-contracts-hiring-process

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum