Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Additional workload

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Additional workload  Empty Additional workload Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:08 am

pinkpurple

Arresto Menor

Hi!

I have a question regarding my work load. My Team Leader will resign next week and her responsibilities will be transferred to me but no salary increase. What shall I do with this? They told me they will change my salary in August. I want to make a formal written agreement about this to ensure that they will grant what they said. And what part of the labor code will they violate if they will not comply. Thanks in advance.

2Additional workload  Empty Re: Additional workload Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:06 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

The task will most likely be transferred to you on an interim / temporary / trial basis to see if you can handle it. And it will take 2-3 months to evaluate your performance. Should you do well, your salary will change afterwards.

http://www.councilviews.com

3Additional workload  Empty Re: Additional workload Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:11 am

pinkpurple

Arresto Menor

Hi Sir!

Thank you for your immediate reply. Unfortunately, it's not for trial basis since I'm already a QA officer. It's just that they don't want to hire new Team Leader so the task will be added to my usual task. I find it unfair for getting additional workload but no addition salary. What should I do? Thank you so much

4Additional workload  Empty Re: Additional workload Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:21 pm

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

Employers can always assign additional tasks to employees.. it doesn't mean that additional workloads equals salary increase.

Show your employer that you can do the job.. then salary increase will follow..

5Additional workload  Empty Re: Additional workload Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:23 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

pinkpurple wrote:Hi Sir!

Thank you for your immediate reply. Unfortunately, it's not for trial basis since I'm already a QA officer. It's just that they don't want to hire new Team Leader so the task will be added to my usual task. I find it unfair for getting additional workload but no addition salary. What should I do? Thank you so much

What's the difference between a QA officer and a Team Leader?

http://www.councilviews.com

6Additional workload  Empty Re: Additional workload Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:34 pm

pinkpurple

Arresto Menor

My work as a QA officer is mainly to check the quality of work and ensure that the SOP of the company is being followed. I also handle complaints to the employees do training for new employees. Whereas a Team Leader is to handle all the employees concerns with classes etc., check the attendance of employees, transfer classes if needed are some to be given. Also, TL conduct meetings for the employees as well and communicate with the management side. My salary is not enough as a QA officer alone and having additional work load as a TL without being compensated is not fair for me. I'm not demanding a high increase.

7Additional workload  Empty Re: Additional workload Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:35 pm

pinkpurple

Arresto Menor

My work as a QA officer is mainly to check the quality of work and ensure that the SOP of the company is being followed. I also handle complaints to the employees do training for new employees. Whereas a Team Leader is to handle all the employees concerns with classes etc., check the attendance of employees, transfer classes if needed are some to be given. Also, TL conduct meetings for the employees as well and communicate with the management side. My salary is not enough as a QA officer alone and having additional work load as a TL without being compensated is not fair for me. I'm not demanding a high increase.

8Additional workload  Empty Re: Additional workload Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:26 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

unfortunately, hindi ka pwedeng magdemand ng additional pay. you can ask for overtime if hindi enough ang 8 hours to finish all the added tasks. you cannot refuse the added responsibilities, if you really feel this is unfair, you're only other option is look for employement elsewhere

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum