Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Return Appliance on Installment Plan

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Return Appliance on Installment Plan Empty Return Appliance on Installment Plan Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:47 am

rymoreno

Arresto Menor

Hi,

Good day.

'd like to ask regarding my flat screen TV which I got from an appliance store through an installment plan.

The problem is I have to return the TV set because there is a factory defect and is still under warranty (7 months old).

But now, they want me to continue paying monthly even if I don't have the TV set.

My Question are:

1. Can I ask them to pause my payment until I have the appliances back

2. Can I demand for a product replacement instead of just repairing my current product as it is defected?

3. Can I change the unit instead and apply whatever payments I have on the current one?

Please guide me on what are the things that I can do as repair/ replacement of the said appliance may take 2-3 months.

Thank you so much for your help.

Ryle

2Return Appliance on Installment Plan Empty Re: Return Appliance on Installment Plan Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:13 pm

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

We do not know yet if the cause of your TV's defect is indeed a factory-defect. It might be because of other causes, and that is important in determining warranty.

1. It depends on the contract of payment you have with the appliance company. What does the contract state? Are there conditions written in which you could suspend payment?

2. Generally, no, since most installment plans include only a 7-day product replacement for factory defects. Again, it depends on what was agreed upon, especially if there is a contract of payment for the TV you have.

3. It depends on the contract you have with them. You may ask a representative in the store as to what your options are.

Talk to a representative and ask for your options. If you are unsatisfied with the representative you talked to, escalate your concerns to a supervisor.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum