Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

custody of illegitimate spurious child from minor parents

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

esgie

Arresto Menor

I am 22 years old and I have a nephew from my 18 year old sister. She had him when she was still 14. She and his boyfriend (who was 18 at the time of birth) isn't married. Unemployed and currently studying, the mom lives in the university dormitory and only sees the child once a week. The father - only an HS graduate - doesn't have a stable job and also isn't financially capable to take care of the child. The child is now living with me with my support and from that of my parents (both living in the States). Sometimes when the mother doesn't have money left from her allowance or the time (exam week) to take care of the child she doesn't follow her weekly schedule of getting the child from me and forces me instead to take care of the child. Can I legally adopt the child or gain parental authority/custody over him?

attyLLL

are the parents amenable to your plan?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

esgie

Arresto Menor

Unfortunately no, but considering the lack of financial capabilities of both parents I think that it's best that the child stays with me.

attyLLL

the child can stay with you, but only with the mother's consent which she can withdraw anytime. you can make a list of your expenses and ask her to pay,but don't use the child as collateral.

you can try to adopt the child, but it will be better to have consent of the parents. your better economic condition is not sufficient to over ride her parental rights.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum