Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Intentional misdeclaration of marital status

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Steh

Arresto Menor

Hi everyone,

a lady friend was married in 1995 in Manila (using some fixers) she but later found out that her husband was married in Zambales in 1982. Technically, that marriage is not valid, but she never filed any court action to declare it null and void.

The guy is now back to his original family.

However, as a government employee, she continue to use her husband's surname by submitting their marriage contract and claiming an M1 status for tax exemption.

Can the 1st and legal wife use these facts against my friend to be terminated from her government position??

thanks for your feedback

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

yes anyone can tell the employer and get her fired. It will be up to the employer how they wish to proceed

Steh

Arresto Menor

thank you Lukekyle

i agree for private companies, its the management's discretion and waht written in their code of ethics..

but this is the Government.. how do they deal with this??

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

i have no idea, you have to ask the HR what the company policy is. different govt agencies will have different company policies

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum