Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is this a void marriage? Change of age (year of birth) to pursue the marriage

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Aishiestar

Arresto Menor

Hi good day.

Its my first time to post here. I would like to ask if this is a void marriage?
Scenario:
My boyfriend was married in September 1994, he was 19 years old and his ex wife was 17 that time. ex-wife was born on july _, 1977. She was already pregnant to pursue their wedding, to be at legal age to marry they changed the year of birth (from
1977 to 1976) in the marriage license and marriage contract.

They got separted after 5years. They been separated for 18 years now with no communication. Their daughter is at legal age now and already have her own family. Ex-wife already have her own family with 1 child to other man.
My boyfriend and I were going to have a child soon. And we are planning to get married. But their marriage is registered at NSO.
What will be the process to declare that his previous marriage is a void marriage?

Hoping for your response and legal advice regarding this matter.

Thank you.

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

seek a lawyer since only the court can declare a marriage void.

Jadis

Jadis
Reclusion Perpetua

1. Obtain a copy of the wife's birth certificate with the NSO.

2. HIRE A LAWYER AND FILE A PETITION FOR DECLARATION OF NULLITY based on Minority.

Especially for purposes of remarriage, your partner has to obtain a decree of nullity first.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum