Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

How to change Birth date on Marriage Certificate?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

tinggoy

Arresto Menor

My sister used her birth date as July 14, 1961 in elementary and high school. Never did she know that her teacher entered July 14, 1964 in filling-up application for a scholarship in college in 1983. To be consistent, she used July 14, 1964 in her first job and other documents such as Marriage cert. Later on, she found out that her birth date @ NSO is July 13, 1961 not July 14, 1961. She already corrected her birthdate @ all school records, SSS. Other documents still has to be corrected such as TIN, Philhealth and even her Professional license.
How can she correct her birth date on her Marriage Certificate, from July 14, 1964 to July 13, 1961? What are the steps to be done and documents to be produced? Thank you...

attyLLL

that will require a court petition, but I don't see the great need for it unless you encounter an extremely strict docs examiner.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

tinggoy

Arresto Menor

attyLLL wrote:that will require a court petition, but I don't see the great need for it unless you encounter an extremely strict docs examiner.

She just wanted to correct her marriage cert. because she does not want to encounter possible problems that may arise come her retirement benefits, health insurance, etc. At the time of her retirement, she's already old and uneasy to proceed in processing the correction esp. it needs court petition. What would be the initial step she'll take....thanks.

attyLLL

find a lawyer to prepare her petition.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

5How to change Birth date on Marriage Certificate? Empty Birthdate on Marriage Certificate Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:02 pm

Clairesansolis

Arresto Menor

i have the same concern since my employer called my attention that the date of birth shows feb 20 instead of 28 on the marriage certificate

i have the correct birth certificate though

should i go correct it first to the city of makati where it was registered and then NSO

I was instructed to make an affidavit of discrepancy.

This is not really a legal advise but just need the steps for those who have done it

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum