Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Same-sex Partner Separation - Financial Issues

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

summersolstice1986

Arresto Menor

Good day!

I have been in a same-sex relationship with another woman since march 2015. She's abroad when we met and she only went home here in the country for 3 weeks last December 2015. To make it short, we were in a long distance relationship.

We decided to start our lives here in Davao. I left Manila together with my daughter (I am a single mom) and looked for a place in Davao last September 2015. We were able to acquire some stuff coming from my savings and last salary from my previous company and her savings as well.

She supported me and my daughter financially because I am jobless since September 2015. I became the homemaker in our relationship.

I ended our relationship last February 2017 due to personal problems.

Now she's asking me to pay her half of the support she provided me and my son. Most of which went to rent and utilities. I also found out that she's conniving or possibly in a relationship with my ex from years ago.

Both of them has been harassing me thru messages.

We never lived together except for that three weeks she stayed here. She's telling me that she's gonna sue me if I don't pay her up and that she's gonna expose me to my mom who doesn't know about my orientation.

We never signed any legal documents about property ownership and financial obligations. I never forced her to do it. It was a mutual understanding then. I initially told her that I would pay her but I realized that I can't. I just recently started out as a freelancer and I am burdened with paying for the bills, rent and education of my daughter. I have no savings in my name to start with.

Am I legally bound to pay her? Can I refuse her demand? If she continue with harassing and forcing me to pay her, can I sue her? If they start false rumors about me online, can I sue them?

Please help me. I really want to end this mess and just start my life all over again. Thank you!

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

She can sue you but it will take time and money on her part and if she is still an OFW, she will have a hard time to make this happen since she will not be around to follow through the case.

if both of you owns a property, you are obliged to pay her the half even if you did not leave together. if you cannot pay, then sell the property and divide the asset.

yes you can sue them if they harass you or defame you online however, you have to prove that the allegations are false.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum