Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Claiming my DEPENDENTS

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Claiming my DEPENDENTS Empty Claiming my DEPENDENTS Wed May 03, 2017 4:27 pm

darthdarth

Arresto Menor

Question:

My partner and I are working for the same company. Now, he claimed our children as his dependents (We're not married).

I also claimed the children as my dependents, but the HR told me that they can't let me claim them as my dependents because my partner already claimed them as his.

The problem is, I have a high tax cut to my salary because my tax status is S instead of S2.

Dati naman nung hindi kami nagttrabaho for the same company, pwede ko parin i-claim yung mga bata as my dependents kahit naka claim sila na dependent ng tatay nila. Bakit ngayon na working kami for the same company, biglang dapat isa lang samen ang magclaim sakanila as dependents.

Do I have to keep on letting them put me on a S tax status instead of S2?

2Claiming my DEPENDENTS Empty Re: Claiming my DEPENDENTS Wed May 03, 2017 7:18 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

bawal yun, pwede kayo kasuhan ng bir. dati nakakalusot kasi d alam ng employer mo na ni claim na ng partner mo. wag nyo nang ipilit pag nahuli kayo ng bir malaking sagutin yan

3Claiming my DEPENDENTS Empty Re: Claiming my DEPENDENTS Thu May 04, 2017 8:29 am

darthdarth

Arresto Menor

lukekyle wrote:bawal yun, pwede kayo kasuhan ng bir. dati nakakalusot kasi d alam ng employer mo na ni claim na ng partner mo. wag nyo nang ipilit pag nahuli kayo ng bir malaking sagutin yan

Thank you. Hindi namin alam na bawal yun in the first place. Kaya ko talaga tinanong para malinawan kami.

Dalawa kase anak namin, papano kung tig-isang dependents, ppwede ba yun?

4Claiming my DEPENDENTS Empty Re: Claiming my DEPENDENTS Thu May 04, 2017 9:10 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

You may need to verify with BIR since it might be an "all-or-nothing" clause.

The waiver though mentions "husband" and "wife" so that might be a concern.

Also - If the husband has no work or if his salary is under the minimum wage, the wife may claim the exemption. But if the husband is working, then it might not be possible.

In accordance with the provisions of Section 29 (1) (2) (A) of the National Internal Revenue Code, as amended, IMr. _________________________________________________, hereby voluntarily depose and say:1.That my wife and I are both income earners;2.That we file a joint income tax return on our taxable income;
That I am a (check pls): ___ self employed: ___ engaged in business; ___ practice profession;
That this waiver will be effective for the taxable year _______ and shall continue for the succeeding years unless sooner revoked;
That I hereby waive my right to claim the additional exemption for all our qualified dependent children infavor of my wife presently employed with ...

http://www.councilviews.com

5Claiming my DEPENDENTS Empty Re: Claiming my DEPENDENTS Thu May 04, 2017 9:45 am

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

Pwede pa din yung wife mag claim, may waiver lang from the husband na yung wife mag cla claim.. pero isa lang talaga sa inyo pwede mag claim.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum