Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

under probation and pregant

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1under probation and pregant Empty under probation and pregant Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:57 pm

jmjr

Arresto Menor

hello to all just wanted to share my story and hoping to get legal responses, if there is anything you could offer.

so here is my story. i am a fresh graduate last march 2017, 23 years old. married and have one kid. so i applied for a job on march last week and got accepted and signed the job offer on april 2nd week. i was due to start on the next week. so as i was complying my requirements i found out i was 17 weeks pregnant because i was required by the medical technician who will conduct the x ray that i need to take a pt since my period is irregular. so on that day i informed my employer through text and they said they do not issue, but when i started my first day, the hr confronted me that since i already signed my job offer and complied my requirements they cannot do anything about my employment, by the way i am under probation for six month as per company rule on new employees,  (but i can sense they are not happy),  so they told me that we need to keep it a secret until noticed. Sad because they really don't hire pregnant women (they even go further by comparing me to a pregnant applicant they really wanted but couldn't hire her because of her status)  i feel stressed about this because i feel my baby is unwanted everywhere i go. also, there's this feeling that someone might know aside from the h.r

so my question is since i am under probation and my expected end of probation is October and my expected due date is September is there any possibility that i can take a maternity leave? because they already informed me i couldn't avail my sss benefit since i will not be able to satisfy the period specified by the sss.

next is there a big possibility that i will be terminated because of my status? like being pregnant, then taking a leave because of giving birth whilst not satisfying the 6 month probation period?

hope you could hep me
thank you to those who can help and give advises and repsonses
Godbless you all

2under probation and pregant Empty Re: under probation and pregant Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:45 pm

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

so my question is since i am under probation and my expected end of probation is October and my expected due date is September is there any possibility that i can take a maternity leave?

- the is silent so it means regardless of the status of an employee whether regular, contractual or proby, you can avail of the maternity leave.

next is there a big possibility that i will be terminated because of my status? like being pregnant, then taking a leave because of giving birth whilst not satisfying the 6 month probation period?

- All proby employees have the right to security of tenure during the period of their probation. They can only be terminated by just and authorized causes under the law. If they terminate you by reason of you being pregnant, the same is ILLEGAL. What they can do is to non-regularize you.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum