Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

changing my child's surname from his father to mine.

+2
Katrina288
kathleengayo
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

kathleengayo

Arresto Menor

Good Day po!, I'll just want to ask if pwd pa bang ma change yung surname ng baby ko ma change into my surname. Hindi na po nag bibigay ng support yung father nya. Is that enough ground para po ma change yung surname?

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua

Unfortunately, that is not a ground provided under the rules for a change of surname. Kung hindi nagbibigay ng financial support ang father, you may send a demand letter to him asking for financial support.

http://www.kgmlegal.ph

Marico29

Arresto Menor

Hello po, I have 6 years old daughter po and now almost 3 years Na po Hindi Na po nag paramdam yung father nya kahit financially po wala., nag ka hiwalay po kame nong 3 years old Na ang bata., and ngayun po married Na po aku gusto ko po sana Na eh change yung surname nang bata po dapat gawin., ayun po sa birth certificate nang bata ina acknowledged nya Po,

Jadis

Jadis
Reclusion Perpetua

Marico29 wrote:Hello po, I have 6 years old daughter po and now almost 3 years Na po  Hindi Na po nag paramdam yung father  nya kahit financially po wala., nag ka hiwalay po kame nong 3 years old Na ang bata., and ngayun po married Na po aku gusto ko po sana Na eh change yung surname nang bata  po dapat gawin., ayun po sa birth certificate nang bata  ina acknowledged nya Po,

What surname would you want your child to use? Your maiden name or your new husband's name?

Either way you should consider filing a petition for adoption. Consult a lawyer where you are.

Marico29

Arresto Menor

Good day po , nais ko po sana sa husband name ko nlng po total po kasal naman po kame,.
may tanong po aku kailangan po ba yun any signature Nang ex ko, kc Di ko alam Kung Saan sha hahanapin,.

Jadis

Jadis
Reclusion Perpetua

For your child to be able to use your husband's surname, there has to be a legal tie between them. That fact that you are his wife does not create that legal tie, that's why you have to create one through adoption.

The written consent of the biological father is needed. But if you have exerted earnest efforts to find him and cannot locate him you may ask the court when you file the petition for adoption that you cannot find the biological father.

KzelSL

Arresto Menor

What if po. Yung surname nung bata is nasunod po sa apelyido po sna nga father due to the request po ng grandpa ni father ni child na sakanila e apelyido pero yung father mismo ng bata is nagchange surname din carrying the surname po ng mother nya, kaya parang ang labas po is magkaiba ang apelyido po nilang mag ama pero na acknowldge naman po sa birth certificate nUng bata na sya yung tatay ang sinulat nung tatay nung bata is same apelyido sila kaya hindi na question sa birth cert. Nung bata beforr . Kasi ang plan po nung side po ni father nung bata is ibalik sa tlgang registered na surname,altho prinocess na po at sa birth cert. Nalang po ng tatay nung bata ang dpa napapalitan ang apelyido. Ano po gagawin or requirements po para mailagay sa surname ni mother po yung apelyido po nung bata.

Jadis

Jadis
Reclusion Perpetua

That is so annoyingly complicated and in textspeak. Just show evidence of the corrections, and if they will allow you to change administratively without going to court, then good for you. Otherwise you will have to file your petition in court.

KzelSL

Arresto Menor

Kasi sila po lahat ng nag ayos and nag fill up ng form nung bata while nasa labor po ang nanay. And super request po ng father ng father nung bata yung apelyido na dapat daw sakanila. Akala magiging ok sila ng father in the end hindi din po. They even planned to get married pero yung tatay kasi is irresponsible so gusto ni mother ipapalit na sa surname nya para hindi dn ganun kagulo sa papers ni baby

LhizzyLee

Arresto Menor

Im a mother of two, one is 5yrs old and the eldest is 8, both of them are named after their biological father, but we are not married. Now i have been working abroad for 3 yrs already and already married with other nationality. We wanted to fix the kids papers so we can bring them with us for a better future. I have read the family code and adoption process in the philippines and it clearly states there that in order to anyone who is not blood related to the kids will not be eligible to use their last name and the only way to change it is thru ADOPTION PROCESS, both of me (as a biological mother) and my legal husband will file a petition to adopt the kids, we were informed of an inter-country adoption, my concern is---we need the signature and full consent of the biological father in able to process this, my problem is the father of my kids will never agree on this, he may not be supporting the kids in anyway but he will never agree on changing their names to another man's name. I want to know how much chance i have to win this case, the handling cost of the lawyer says 40,000 pesos but thats only handling fee without assurance that we will win. please Give me some legal advice how to go thru this process and what are my options without the biological father's participation coz he will never cooperate.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum