Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Changing my kids surname from their father's to my surname

+6
kpmartinez05
Kaekay24
attyLLL
Hotnanay
~*Yuki*~
NanayLheng
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

NanayLheng

Arresto Menor

Hi! Good day.. I just wanted to ask what are the procedures to be taken to change my kids' surname back to my surname.. Since their father abandoned us.. No support of any sort.. And now he's living with another woman.. We are not married.. And ever since we live in the same roof.. I was the one who provides my kids needs up till now that we are separated.. Hopefully i could get advice to what will i'll be going to do.. Thanks and God bless!

~*Yuki*~

Arresto Menor

From what I know, you'll need to get the father's consent and signature in a document stating he allows the children's surname to be changed from his surname to yours. Without his signature, there is nothing you can do. My brother-in-law's ex girlfriend wanted to have their son's surname changed to hers, but he didn't sign the papers so until now, their son still has my brother-in-law's last name.

NanayLheng

Arresto Menor

A document stating he allows to change my kids surname to mine? Via lawyer? What should i tell the lawyer regarding the said document?

~*Yuki*~

Arresto Menor

NanayLheng wrote:A document stating he allows to change my kids surname to mine? Via lawyer? What should i tell the lawyer regarding the said document?

Yes, a document that says he is allowing the children to change their surnames from his to yours. You can try asking a lawyer and just explain everything on your end and why you want to have the children's surnames changed.

NanayLheng

Arresto Menor

Thanks.. Uhmm.. May i ask the range of a lawyers fee?

~*Yuki*~

Arresto Menor

That I do not know. You'll have to start with the consultation fee which ranges from 300 to 500.

Hotnanay

Arresto Menor

Hi I also want to ask po about changing my daughter surname...
My daughter is using his fathers name. The father signed the birthcertificate after that we dont have any communication with him.... Ani po need ko kung since ipanganak ko daughter ko d ko na alam kung asan yung tatay... Hindi po kami kasal... Gusto ko n po malipat name ng anak ko sakin kasi po ni kahit anung support wala ako nakuha at d ko na alam kung asan pa sy!!! Need pa ba po talaga ng signature nya kasi if thats the case hindi ko na siya makkita so wala ng chance machange ko name ng anak ko? Pls help me...

attyLLL

the best legal remedy for me is to adopt your child. she becomes your legitimate daughter and you can request the court for change of name.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Kaekay24

Arresto Menor

Gud am,
Same situation po ng nasa taas?? Pwede ko po i adopt ang daughter ko kahit wala ng sign ng biological father nya? para magamit nya married surname ko po? Pano po sisimulan ang process san po ako unang pupunta?
Thank you,

Kaekay24

Arresto Menor

Gud am,
Same situation po ng nasa taas?? Pwede ko po i adopt ang daughter ko kahit wala ng sign ng biological father nya? para magamit nya married surname ko po? Pano po sisimulan ang process san po ako unang pupunta?
Thank you,

kpmartinez05

Arresto Menor

Good morning. May I ask how much ang estimated cost per month to change the last name from fathers to mothers surname?

thank you

Sweetypatricia

Arresto Menor

Hi kpmartinez05 . Favor naman. Same situation tayo. Please pag nalaman mo how much share mo sakin. Kasi gusto ko na din change surname ng son ko. Di naman kme kasal nung dad nya, ngayon my gf na sya iba. Pls thank you so much

kpmartinez05

Arresto Menor

Okiie wla p reply, pero ngpnta ko city hall lawyer ang need . lawyer dn magffile ng case pag surname change..

ZacZen

Arresto Menor

Is there a legal process on adopting your own child? Is it really possible? Same situation above po.

singleworkingmum1000

Arresto Menor

Is it possible to adopt my own child po? Same kasi yung situation ko as above. The father never gave even once centavo for support from pregnancy kp until now, he only signed the affidavit in my daughter's birth certificate and then he disappeared na. I want my daughter to have my surname before she goes to school. She's already 3 years old. Please advise po. It will be much appreciated. Thank you!

16Changing my kids surname from their father's to my surname Empty no middle name Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:57 pm

harristopia124@gmail.com

Arresto Menor

hi i would get a passport case I have no middle name how is the process to get my passport

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum