Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Changing of Biological Father's Surname to my Husband's Surname (help po)

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

lhyne_mantra

Arresto Menor

Good day,

Hingi po sana ako ng legal advice. I have a 7yr old daughter born 2009 po... ang gamit nya na surname ay sa tatay nya po. Hindi kame kasal ng tatay nya. Nakapirma po sya sa birth certificate ng bata, may acknowledgment po. And separated na kami matagal na po, since 2 yrs old pa yung baby ko.. And wala din po kaming nakukuha na support from her father. I am married now and gusto po sana namin mag asawa na palitan surname ng bata with my married name.. Anu pong legal remedy na pwede ko po gawin? Magkano po kaya ang estimate na magagastos namin para sa proseso na gagawin? Thank you so much po...

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

Your present husband has to adopt her but you cannot avoid involving the father with the process because he has to sign the authorization allowing your hubby to adopt his child. It doesn't matter if you are not married to him, he has signed and acknowledge his child birth certificate, therefore you need his authorization in this adoption process. You will need a lawyer to find out the cost. I shouldn't be very much.

lhyne_mantra

Arresto Menor

Thanks for the reply po. May problem lang po with the biological father, wala na po kami balita sa kanya for 3 years now. Hindi na sya nagparamdam... Paano po yung authorization from him? May i know din po how long is the process? Months? Years?

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

Need an expert legal advice?
Contact
Atty. Katrina288 - em@il: km@kgmlegal.ph

lhyne_mantra wrote:Thanks for the reply po. May problem lang po with the biological father, wala na po kami balita sa kanya for 3 years now. Hindi na sya nagparamdam... Paano po yung authorization from him? May i know din po how long is the process? Months? Years?

attyLLL

in the adoption proceedings, you can allege abandonment by the father to justify the absence of his consent.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum