Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Beach Resort doesn't want to give a REFUND

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jenniferliston

Arresto Menor

Hello, I'm a newbie here.

M father paid 50% reservation fee to Tidewater Resort for an overnight stay last March 30, 2017. He wanted to have a family outing on April 18-19 (supposedly today and tomorrow). Then he paid another 50% on April 12, 2017 because he was really so excited for us to get together so he paid the other half in advance. Unfortunately, my father got hospitalized due to mild stroke.

So, I asked a refund right away through email and phoned the resort's reservation assistant because we needed the money so badly for hospital bills and medication. When I talked to her I told her the situation and requested for a refund. Then she said, she will tell her boss/gen. manager my request. When I followed up my request on a Monday since it was a holiday (Sabado de Gloria) when I called her, she said her boss doesn't want to refund the amount. She said that their policy, "no refund" is strictly implemented and clearly stated in their reservation form.  

I said on a text message that it is a reasonable cancellation. I said that as much as I know, the reservation fee is the only one that is forfeited and cannot be refunded or they can get at least 20% of the total amount.

So, I told her that we will see legal actions/advice against them.

We really need the money or just a portion of it for my father's hospital bills and medication.

Please enlighten me with this matter. What is the legal grounds for this, if there's any.

Your reply is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Last edited by jenniferliston on Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum