Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Any Attorneys who can give advice.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Any Attorneys who can give advice. Empty Any Attorneys who can give advice. Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:46 pm

Khenjiepc

Arresto Menor

Attoney,

I just want legal advice to clarify my question. Here it is. I'm 27 years old this year and my fiance is 24 years old and we have decided to have our civil wedding this year in advance even without our parents knowing about this. Can we be married legally without any signature from our parents?

I am just concerned with something. A friend of my fiance was married by a mayor then she said that she was told that the parent/parents was obligated to sign with something because the person that was married is not yet 25 years old. How can you justify that scenario? Hoping for your reply. Thank you so much!

2Any Attorneys who can give advice. Empty Re: Any Attorneys who can give advice. Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:00 am

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

It is in the procedural requirements in the Civil Registry to have the permission of the parents/legal guardian to marry for a person below 25 years of age. When I got married, my wife and I secured such a permission for us to complete the requirements for civil marriage under the civil registry.

Such a requirement does not need justification since it is a procedural requirement of said government office.

3Any Attorneys who can give advice. Empty Re: Any Attorneys who can give advice. Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:15 am

Khenjiepc

Arresto Menor

So you are saying that we still need to have the permission of the parents for us to be married because my fiance is still 24years old? How about when she turned 25, do we still need their permission? Please reply. Thank you

4Any Attorneys who can give advice. Empty Re: Any Attorneys who can give advice. Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:01 am

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

Yes. The permission of the parents is needed.

Please go to the civil registry and ask around if you need further information. They may have remedies there that I am not aware of.

5Any Attorneys who can give advice. Empty Re: Any Attorneys who can give advice. Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:47 am

Khenjiepc

Arresto Menor

Okay. Thank you so much for the advice. It helped me a lot.

6Any Attorneys who can give advice. Empty Re: Any Attorneys who can give advice. Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:26 am

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

Khenjiepc wrote:Okay. Thank you so much for the advice. It helped me a lot.

You are most welcome. May you find the answers that you are currently seeking.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum