Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is this AWOL?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Is this AWOL? Empty Is this AWOL? Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:16 pm

JA.santos

Arresto Menor

Hi Atty,

One of my co-employees has not been reporting to work since Saturday (Feb 11,2017. Today is Feb 16, 2017 Thursday). Nung saturday, nagsabi siya malalate lang daw siya pero hindi siya pumasok. nung monday nag send siya ng message samin sa viber na hindi daw siya makapasok kasi masama daw pakiramdam niya. then nung tuesday finollow up ko siya kung kelan siya papasok, sabi niya hindi pa daw niya alam. til now wala pa din siya and wala naman siya official na filing ng leave or proper na paalam samin.

She already submitted a resignation letter effective immediately due to health reasons but she was not permitted by the company since may endorsements pa siya na kailangan gawin.

Ask ko lang po, the ff:

1. Considered na po ba siyang AWOL since wednesday?
2. AWOL ba siya nung saturday (since paalam niya late lang daw siya)?
3. if she does present a med certificate, can I call the clinic to verify if nagpacheck ba talaga siya dun?
4. 2nd offense na kasi niya to for AWOL, and subject for disciplinary action na kasi siya. is it better to let her go earlier or to just terminate her due to this.

Thanks

2Is this AWOL? Empty Re: Is this AWOL? Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:05 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

1. yes until he presents a med cert awol from when he didn't show up.
3. yes you can verify
4. unless needed sya to turnover something important, i would say let him go Asap. you dont want someone who doesn't want to to be there staying one sec longer than he has to be

3Is this AWOL? Empty Re: Is this AWOL? Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:39 pm

JA.santos

Arresto Menor

lukekyle wrote:1. yes until he presents a med cert awol from when he didn't show up.
3. yes you can verify
4. unless needed sya to turnover something important, i would say let him go Asap. you dont want someone who doesn't want to to be there staying one sec longer than he has to be

Thank you for your response sir Smile God bless!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum