Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can I raise a money Claim from my previous employer through NLRC?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

sugarmeimei

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I tendered a 30 days resignation notice to my previous employer which was received and acknowledge by our General Manager. However my contract states that we are required of a 90-days notice period or else we need to pay Salary in Lieu.(I have a foreign employer for a background). Our labor law allows us a minimum of 30 days notice period so I exercise my right to it.
During my last day of work, i was given my last pay computation and the company deducted the remaining of the 90 days on my last pay, and I even paid a check payable to CASH to my employer because my last pay is not enough to cover the Salary in Lieu amount.

My question now is, is it still possible for me to raise a "MONEY CLAIM" case in NLRC for me to get back all the money that I pay my previous employer? Do I have grounds to file a case in the first place.

Thanks.

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

on what grounds do you want to file a money claim?

sugarmeimei

Arresto Menor

I was the only one that paid the company the salary in Lieu. The others that followed me who rendered 30 days have not paid any amount.

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

ah unfortunately thats not a valid complaint. You signed a contract. If ever i think you need to file a civil suit but it looks like your chances wll be slim

sugarmeimei

Arresto Menor

oh, thanks :-)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum