Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

How do I claim my money from NLRC?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How do I claim my money from NLRC? Empty How do I claim my money from NLRC? Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:22 pm

ersopman

Arresto Menor

I filed a case against my previous employer at NLRC. They have been found to be guilty of illegal dismissal. The NLRC is then ordering my previous employer for payment of my separation pay and backwages.

How then will I be able to claim the said amount?

Throughout the entire process, I have sought the services of a private attorney. However, lately I am not able to contact him (lawyer) and seems to be ignoring my inquiries.

I have a copy of NLRC's decision with me indicating the amount to be paid to me plus attorney's fees. I have received the decision on January 06, 2011. The computation of the total amount of backwages seems erroneous. The computation started about a month after my last pay until the date of the decision. Also, night differential and leave conversions are not included.

How then will I be able to file an appeal or a motion for reconsideration with NLRC before the lapse of the 10-day period? I am completely unaware of the process. Please help.

Thanks.

2How do I claim my money from NLRC? Empty Re: How do I claim my money from NLRC? Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:12 am

attyLLL

leave conversions are not a right under law. if you appeal the computation, you will delay the payment. If it's not such a big amount, i'd let it go unless you're willing to allow more time, possibly years to pass.

note the company can file an appeal also. if they do, then you can also question the computation. but if they don't, i recommend letting the judgment become final.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3How do I claim my money from NLRC? Empty Re: How do I claim my money from NLRC? Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:35 am

lawabidingcitizen

Arresto Menor

Are the following condsidered rights under the law?
1. Bonuses other than 13th month which was historically given yearly
2. Cash allowances

4How do I claim my money from NLRC? Empty Re: How do I claim my money from NLRC? Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:40 pm

attyLLL

it depends on the circumstances on how and why they are given and for how long.

non-conditional periodic bonus over time can be considered a right.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum