Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Illegal detention of maid

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Illegal detention of maid Empty Illegal detention of maid Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:52 pm

DK12

Arresto Menor

Hi,

My wife and I are hoping to get some free good legal advice, maybe someone could tell us, if the maid we know, have a good case or not, and if so, whom to contact.

The case is against a middle aged woman whom over time has been humiliating and mistreating her maids, as per the rumor. Then lately there were an incident, the maid came to our place in distress (as she knows my wife). She had decided to quit her maid job working for the said abusive woman/employer, as a result, the woman/employer had then locked the maid in the CR for about an hour demanding that the maid agreed not to quit her job, in order to be let out from the CR. In order to be released from the captivity of the CR, the maid agreed not to leave her maid job.

Once out of the CR, the maid of course went looking for her belongings still intent on quitting her maid job. The maid then discovered, that the employer, had hidden all her belongings, her bags etc. After some discussions the maid was informed by employer, she would only be given her belongs back if she agreed to forfeit her remaining salary of 3.000 PHP - without any choice, in distress, the maid accepted to forfeit her salary in order to get her belongings back from the employer, as all she of course wanted was to get away from her abusive employer, before she got locked up again.

The maid then came over to our place of residence, in distress of course after being locked in the CR for more than an hour and having to forfeit her salary in order to get her belongings back. On behalf of that maid, I am hereby looking into this, if there are any legal proceedings that can be taken towards this abusive employer?

The incident happened about 2 weeks ago, around mid December and the maid has not yet reported this to the police, as advice by my wife and I. As I understand it, there were no witnesses to the employer locking her in the CR so it is word against word. Would the maid have a case? Are there any justice for the maid or is the employer able to continue her mistreatment of her maids? I do believe this qualifies for illegal detention, either slight or serious. Since the illegal detention is of a woman, does it not qualify as serious illegal detention? Does the maid still have a case?

Thanks for your time and hope to get good advice.

Please reply in English.

Last edited by DK12 on Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding something)

2Illegal detention of maid Empty Re: Illegal detention of maid Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:12 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

my advice is go to the police first para maka pag blotter. at least na report na even if you dont plan to file a case para on record na.
as there are no witnesses medyo mahirap yung case but at the very least if on record na kayo harder for the employer to file counter charges (most of the time, abusive employers will file cases of theft aginst the help)

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum