Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Illegal Detention?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Illegal Detention? Empty Illegal Detention? Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:57 pm

khernandez

Arresto Menor

Hi attorneys,

I have a boyfriend who is legally married. The wife filed concubinage and abandonment cases. When we received the subpoena, we submitted our counter affidavit with evidences and the case was dismissed by the prosecutor's office. Also, the wife and my boyfriend decided to have an agreement that as long as my boyfriend is giving a part of his salary, everything is okay.

Now, my boyfriend and I had a fight and he decided to move out. He asked for his ex wife's help to get all his stuff and they transferred everything to the wife's house. My boyfriend is a foreigner and doesn't know anyone here aside from me and his wife so he doesn't have anyone to run to. But then, that the same day, he decided to meet me and we talked. Finally, my boyfriend realized that he did a very stupid thing and wants to go back to me. When he contacted his wife to get his stuff again, his wife refused to give his things unless he will be the one to get it from the house. My boyfriend doesn't have any choice but to go to the wife's house. Since then, the wife did not allow him to leave anymore. My boyfriend is planning to escape but I'm sure he is going to have a hard time since it is a compound full of relatives. Also, the wife keeps on threatening him that the cases will be re opened once he goes back to me.

I want to know if I can do anything to get him out of that place. Even though she is still the legal wife, I don't think she has the right to detain my boyfriend. Also, can the wife re open the cases even though we religiously doing our part on the agreement?

Any reply will be appreciated. Thank you.

2Illegal Detention? Empty Re: Illegal Detention? Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:28 am

khernandez

Arresto Menor

My boyfriend is planning to escape today. Attorney, will you be available for meet up? We really need your legal help. The wife is threatening my boyfriend that if he will not be home later, she will run after him. We really need to do something today.

3Illegal Detention? Empty hi Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:46 am

distressedLady

distressedLady
Arresto Menor

im sorry but i am not a lawyer.... and i hope someone will answer your questions but apparently they are all currently asleep.

i have read one case that if the case was already dismissed, it could not be reopen again esp.if they have an agreement.... but this is Philippines, you know what happened if you have enough money....atty, just correct me if am wrong.

anyways, i hope one of the lawyers here will personally meet up with you guyz...good luck! Like a Star @ heaven I love you

4Illegal Detention? Empty no case again Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:53 am

distressedLady

distressedLady
Arresto Menor

Please read this article. Again, i am just trying to help. Better consult a lawyer.

Just to uplift your mood.

http://www.manilatimes.net/index.php/news/nation/9153-prosecuting-husband-for-concubinage

5Illegal Detention? Empty Re: Illegal Detention? Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:32 pm

khernandez

Arresto Menor

Thanks Distressedlady.

My boyfriend and I already spoke to one of the attorneys here over the phone. We were able to get my boyfriend's stuff but the wife hid all the documents including passport, work contract, etc.. so we will get in touch with Atty Leo regarding this.

Thank you so much again, attyLLL, for clearing things up. I hope we can personally meet you once your schedule is not already full so we can discuss it further.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum