Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Defaulted Citibank loan - Shocking interest!

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

adkins

Arresto Menor

Hello,

I left Manila in 2014 and I still had a loan with Citibank. I missed 3 payments of 5k each. Now they're chasing me through a law firm and I've been told I have to pay 35k - that's a 20k interest.

Ang dodgy pa ng methods nila - they got in contact with me through a friend. My friend was surprised na they know we're connected. I can only guess that they're trying to embarrass me through their methods.

So I got in touch with them (through my sister who's still in the PH) because I don't want this to happen again.

I was asking for a complete computation but they won't give it to me.

What do you guys suggest I do?

Of course I'm still planning to come back to the PH, and I want to clear my name din. Mejo worried ako how this will affect my records at home (which I should have thought about first before defaulting on my payments - so my fault talaga).

Is there a way I can contest this shocking interest?

Thank you and I appreciate all the help I can get! Thank you! Smile

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

do you still have the original loan documents?

adkins

Arresto Menor

Hi Lukekyle.

I'm afraid I don't. I've lost it all and I can't log in anymore. Do you think theres still something else i can do?

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

Write to the lawyers formally. ask for a copy of the loan documents. Ask again regarding the computation. Make sure you do this thru registered mail so you have proof that they received it. To be honest with you chances are you have to pay that amount. It will probably be stated in the loan documents but check first to make sure

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum