Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

A victim of swindling...

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A victim of swindling... Empty A victim of swindling... Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:30 pm

Nelski1979

Arresto Menor

Hi! I had a friend who I thought a real friend. He once proposed to me that he has a very good business with a very good money on it. He told me that he was offering diff. kinds of units (cellphones,laptops.. etc.).. Bec. of his flowery mouth, he asked me to offer it to my friends even without seeing the units, agreeing to the terms that the buyer should give 50% downpayment for reservation. My friends give me 179k for the downpayments of their orders. Which I immediately gave to him.. Giving the 2 to 3 weeks time to deliver the units, My friends agree to the terms. After the said date, He didn't show up nor call or text me, I was able to find his add. but he transffered to another place... Now my friends are going to file an estafa case against me... Pls... help me... what should I do... No

2A victim of swindling... Empty Re: A victim of swindling... Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:32 am

attyLLL

you should enter into a settlement with your friends how you will pay them, else you can't stop them from filing a case against you. your defense will be that you were swindled yourself but you should have proof.

even better, you should initiate your own estafa case against the person.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3A victim of swindling... Empty Re: A victim of swindling... Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:53 pm

Nelski1979

Arresto Menor

I have text messages that will prove that he asked me to offer the said units and that's all.. I wasn't able to record the real conversation... I trusted him that's why it never came into me to record a conversation.. atty. would that serve as a proof?... I'm still trying to reach him but all the information that he provided me were all untrue.. Now I'm facing a real big problem. If they filed a case against me, Am I going to be immediately arrested?... What process will I expect?.. So i will be prepared... Last question, is there a filling fee if they file the case at NBI? and would the NBI immediately release a warant of arrest against me?... thank you so much atty!!!!

4A victim of swindling... Empty Re: A victim of swindling... Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:24 pm

attyLLL

again, my advice to you is to enter into an agreement how to pay.

no you will not be immediately arrested. you will have to undergo process of preliminary investigation before the prosecutor.

there is no filing fee at nbi, but there is one at the prosecutor's office. nbi has no power to issue warrant, only the judge.

5A victim of swindling... Empty Re: A victim of swindling... Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:35 pm

Nelski1979

Arresto Menor

Good day atty.! I tried to make an arrangement with my friends. They didn't agree to have a payment arrangement because they want me to pay the whole amount immediately. Which I cannot provide easily. They want to pursue the case. What is the next best step that I should do?.. I am planning to file a case against the person who brought me into this. How much will I pay at the prosecutor's office?... How would I know if someone filed a case against me?.. pls help me atty. Thanks a lot

6A victim of swindling... Empty Re: A victim of swindling... Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:45 am

attyLLL

keep negotiating with them, but do file your case and start preparing your defense and evidence. you will receive a notice from the prosecutor or court if they file a case against you.

7A victim of swindling... Empty Re: A victim of swindling... Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:06 pm

Nelski1979

Arresto Menor

To tell you the truth, I am not answering any phone calls or text messages from them bec. they are threatening me. I'm just waiting for the subpoena... They told me that I wont receive any subpoena and will just be arrested. That's why I'm so afraid right now. I have no Idea on how to file a case.

8A victim of swindling... Empty Re: A victim of swindling... Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:33 pm

Nelski1979

Arresto Menor

Good day Atty.! is it possible to be arrested without getting any subpoena?.. thanks...

9A victim of swindling... Empty Re: A victim of swindling... Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:01 pm

attyLLL

in your case, it should not be because they have to allege your last known address.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum