Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Victim of an Accident

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Victim of an Accident Empty Victim of an Accident Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:45 am

marqui

Arresto Menor

My sister is one of the victims of the collision of a bus and truck in Caba, La Union on February 14, 2011. She was a passenger of the bus (Doxxxon Bus). My sister was brought to La Union Medical Center in Agoo, La Union. Since the hospital was 3-4 hours away from our house in Vigan where my father lives, we decided to transfer her to Vigan. On top of that, my sister was not getting full medical attention at the said hospital. When we arrived at the hospital, my sister was in a "recovery room" still drenched in her own blood and small pieces of broken glasses. And that was her state after 10 hours of being confined in the said hospital. They did not even bother to clean my sister. My sister was also complaining chest pains but they only did arms, legs and skull xray. They didn't have her undergo chest xray. During the first two days of confinement at the said hospital, the bus company was shouldering my sister's medical and hospital expenses. But when we moved to Vigan, they said that we just pay all ambulance fee, medicine and hospital expenses and then, we'll just submit to them all the receipts then they will refund the expenses.

I just want to know the real process when this happens? Do we really have to shoulder the expenses first? What if we do not have the money? Then we will just let the patient die? Aside from the hospitalization and medicines, what other things should the bus company provide? Are they liable for her pain and suffering, loss of income from not being able to work, and other damages?

Thank you.

2Victim of an Accident Empty Re: Victim of an Accident Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:40 am

attyLLL

there is no mandated legal process. it is up to the parties.

would you really let your sister die if the bus company didn't pay for it?

i would say they are liable, but if they are not willing to pay, then your sister will have to file a case.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Victim of an Accident Empty Re: Victim of an Accident Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:16 pm

marqui

Arresto Menor

Thanks for the info.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum