Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Company Initiated Leave

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Company Initiated Leave Empty Company Initiated Leave Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:29 am

porksimus

Arresto Menor

Hi,

Im currently working in a call center which does surveys all over the united states. last Nov. 24 was Thanksgiving day in the US and most businesses are closed . since it was on a thursday, the US had a long weekend for most businesses did not open on the next day which is a friday. Since we don't have respondents on that day. management decided to issue a Company Initiated Leave for thursday and friday. which is unpaid unless you still have paid leaves left. Our contract states that we are monthly based employee. my question is that. is it right for the company to issue an initiated leave to us? without pay.

2Company Initiated Leave Empty Re: Company Initiated Leave Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:09 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

porksimus wrote:Hi,

Im currently working in a call center which does surveys all over the united states. last Nov. 24 was Thanksgiving day in the US and most businesses are closed . since it was on a thursday, the US had a long weekend for most businesses did not open on the next day which is a friday. Since we don't have respondents on that day. management decided to issue a Company Initiated Leave for thursday and friday. which is unpaid unless you still have paid leaves left. Our contract states that we are monthly based employee. my question is that. is it right for the company to issue an initiated leave to us? without pay.

Yes, that is possible since they made it clear that you could use your VL, if any.

http://www.councilviews.com

3Company Initiated Leave Empty Re: Company Initiated Leave Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:00 am

porksimus

Arresto Menor

Thank you for the reply, I'd like to point out that it is not a holiday here in the Philippines. so everytime it is holiday stateside, the company can intiate a leave on us? and it will only be paid if I still have VL. which is suppose to be used for my own personal vacation? i was hoping that since its not a holiday here in the Phil. we were suppose to work and the company should find ways for us not to be on leave. tthank you.

4Company Initiated Leave Empty Re: Company Initiated Leave Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:23 am

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

even if not a holiday in the US the company can do that. Lets say your clients suspend their business or has a "company holiday" Your employer can suspend your work. The only limitation is your employer cannot do it for more than 6 months at a time and the company should not single you out (everyone else works except you). Hope that clarifies matters

5Company Initiated Leave Empty Re: Company Initiated Leave Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:35 pm

porksimus

Arresto Menor

thank you for the input, one more thing. example our project will end Dec. 8, 2016 and the company decided to run the next project the following year. does it mean that we will be on company Initiated leave for the rest of the days until such time that we have another project? I thought this set up only applies to contracts and not on a monthly based employee. I was thinking that irregardless there is project or not as long as you report to work and your status is monthly you will be compensated since it is the company's responsibility to find projects. after all my obligation is to the company and not to the client which is being the responsibility of the company. And also like there is 20 of us and they decided to send 10 on leave because they only need the remaining half and its not a holiday. Can they do that? thanks again and more power.

6Company Initiated Leave Empty Re: Company Initiated Leave Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:58 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

yes, they can do that. As i said before no need for holidays to do that. The govt gave them this flexibility para instead of laying off people, they can just "suspend" work when not everyone is needed. This is normal practice especially sa BPO industry.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum