Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Confiscation due to piracy

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Confiscation due to piracy Empty Confiscation due to piracy Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:30 pm

Caleb_Chua17

Arresto Menor

I have pirated songs with my phone when I was younger and realized years after that it was illegal. I have chosen not to pirate any longer for it violates Philippine law. Will the government confiscate my phone for piracy?

2Confiscation due to piracy Empty Re: Confiscation due to piracy Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:30 am

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

If there is no case filed against you for Piracy, then I don't see why the government will confiscate your phone.

If the police asks you to surrender your phone during preliminary investigation after a case was filed against you for such, then that is the time that you should surrender your phone to the proper authorities.

3Confiscation due to piracy Empty Re: Confiscation due to piracy Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:51 am

Caleb_Chua17

Arresto Menor

thepoetsedge:
Will they return the device after investigation?

4Confiscation due to piracy Empty Re: Confiscation due to piracy Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:06 pm

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

If the preliminary investigation results show that there is insufficient evidence to convict you of such, then the device should be returned after such investigation has formally finished.

However, if it turns out that there is evidence of piracy, then the device shall be kept as evidence of the prosecution during the trial.

5Confiscation due to piracy Empty Confiscation due to piracy Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:10 pm

Caleb_Chua17

Arresto Menor

I am currently still a minor and I have pirated before. Couldn't I just admit that I have pirated before and keep my phone? I am willing to pay the charges of the things I have pirated. Will they still return my device after I am found guilty?

6Confiscation due to piracy Empty Re: Confiscation due to piracy Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:09 am

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

When you admit to the crime of piracy, you are then liable for the punishment it entails as the law provides.

Is there an ongoing case for such? If yes, there should be a lawyer assigned for you by the court in case you cannot afford to have one. May warrant of arrest ba na naipakita sa iyo, if ever ikaw nga yung tinutukoy mo sa istorya mo?

As far as I know, your device won't be returned to you if you were found guilty, especially kung may imprisonment na kasama sa sentence mo as determined by a judge. After natapos yung prison term mo, dun pa lang maibabalik yung device mo.

If you have further questions, please seek the advice of a real lawyer so that you will be properly apprised of what you need to do.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum