Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Final Pay (Back Pay) was used to pay for my Pag Ibig Loan

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

alfonefederizo

Arresto Menor

Hi,

My previous employer used my Final Pay to pay my outstanding pag ibig loan even though I provided proper documentation for them to not do it.

My questions is:

Will my previous employer be legally accountable for what they did? And what actions can I take?

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

alfonefederizo wrote:Hi,

My previous employer used my Final Pay to pay my outstanding pag ibig loan even though I provided proper documentation for them to not do it.

My questions is:

Will my previous employer be legally accountable for what they did? And what actions can I take?

NO. As of April 1, 2016, no less than the government of the Philippines mandated ALL companies to deduct (in full) any loan liabilities/balance from loans from all government agencies shall be deducted from employees' last pay.

Warlord

Arresto Menor

maling mali!! for sure, di rin nila ihuhulog yan.. just check sa pag-ibig kung mayroon nga. normally, katamaran ang dahilan bakit di na ibibigay sa tulad mo ang final pay dahil sa last signatory required. nangyari na sa akin yan. pia DOLE ko yong kumpanya.. Ayon.. nakuha ko yong final pay ko at nalaman ko pa na di naman talaga naghulog sa pagibig kaya nakuha ko.. goodluck sayo.

alfonefederizo

Arresto Menor

Thank you.

What happened was I gave them an authority to deduct form from my current employer ( for the loans amortization). I was put under the impression that it is enough for them to not do it. And that is what the HR personel told me.

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

@ Warlord... What a character you are.

@ alfonefederizo - Again, this is a mandate by the government itself. So even if you have an authority to deduct from your current employer, the same shall not stop the deduction. Alam ng current employer mo yan.

ador

Reclusion Perpetua

alfonefederizo,
Hindi sa nagmamagaling ako ha, only just to be sure, you can find out if the deduction/proceed was indeed remitted to your account by going to the Pagibig portal/website or kung hindi ka takot mainitan o mahassle punta ka mismo dun.
Or better; ask your ex-employer for the proof of remittance/payment. For sure bulabog sila nun at ireremit nila yan. Then ask pag-ibig for print of your statement of account.
Ayos ba?

alfonefederizo

Arresto Menor

@ador

Thanks. Nasa employer ko yung receipt. Di ko kinuha.

@hrdude

They specified na hindi nila ibabayad yun if I present any of the following within 45 days from my separation:

Appeal Letter or
Any doc that will indicate that the loan has been paid for or that the amortization will continue

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum