Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

OT pay government hosp

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1OT pay government hosp Empty OT pay government hosp Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:25 pm

Buloy101

Arresto Menor

Hi,tanong ko lang po kung may mali sa system ng trabaho namin.

We are working under a GOVERNMENT Hospital, our specific unit is OPERATING ROOM.

We have am and pm duties.. 6-2pm 7-3pm 8-4pm 12nn-8pm and 3-11pm. All “8 hours” same duties for a week.

Pero kapag 3-11pm ang duty mo. You are considered “ON CALL”. We have 1st 2nd and 3rd calls. And we are also required to attend emergency or extended cases beyond 11pm hanggang dumating ang mga 6am duties the next day.

Mas mahirap po pag weekends. On calls will be on duties kapag saturday morning 6am/7am and we are required to attend emergency/extended cases beyond 3pm hanggang monday 6am. It does not exclude sundays meaning we may work for upto 48hours or “ON CALL” for 48 hours.

Di ko rin alam if im right or wrong, but we are only paid to hours we are recalled for an emergency. But not paid being an “ON CALL” na naghihintay at di makalayo ng ospital dahil 30minutes lang dapat present na kami. Is being “ON CALL” must be counted as Hours of work and therefore get paid? Or not all? Just because we work in the operating room under a government hospital?

Or legal and walang mali sa system ng work namin? And by the way, 2yrs na po ako

Sana matulungan nyo po kami. Salamat! Godbless!

2OT pay government hosp Empty Re: OT pay government hosp Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:00 pm

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

Unfortunately, government employees are under a different law, which is the Civil Service Law. There are provisions in the labor law that does not apply to government employees, as far as I know.

Furthermore, studying the Civil Service Law is not part of the curriculum in any law school in the Philippines, I believe. So we are really not qualified to help you in your regard.

You may want to consult the civil service commission if you have queries on your employment. They may have valuable information for you, I think.

Good luck in your situation and I apologize if I am not of greater help.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum