Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Voiding a Marriage

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Voiding a Marriage Empty Voiding a Marriage Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:25 pm

sndp

Arresto Menor

I married a guy whose name was not registered in NSO. What happened here is that when he was a kid, his mom ran off with another man and she made him use his last name. I don't know where they got the birth certificate with the new last name but it wasn't from NSO. So the birth certificate he used during the time we got married wasn't registered in NSO. Can I consider the marriage void? Thing here is that I want to get an annulment. Do I need to get the marriage annulled or can we consider the marriage to be void since the name on our marriage certificate is non existent?

Please help.

Thank you for your time.

2Voiding a Marriage Empty Re: Voiding a Marriage Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:03 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

Only the court can declare a marriage void. Hence, you must file for annulment.

3Voiding a Marriage Empty Re: Voiding a Marriage Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:25 pm

sndp

Arresto Menor

Alright. So I would have to go through the process of annulment and pay for all the expenses that goes along with it?

Thank You.

4Voiding a Marriage Empty Re: Voiding a Marriage Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:42 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

Correct

5Voiding a Marriage Empty Re: Voiding a Marriage Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:47 pm

sndp

Arresto Menor

Thank you. I have another question, we live in a house under my father's name. Is it considered conjugal? Can I stop him from coming over to see his kids at this house since it doesn't legally belong to us and we did not co-sign on the lease/title?

6Voiding a Marriage Empty Re: Voiding a Marriage Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:11 am

mariecris0914

Arresto Menor

Good day Atty..I would just like to seek legal advice regarding the process of my marriage to be null and void. I was married last August 1997 on a Civil rite at Caloocan City. My ex husband was 21 years old back then I remembered when we got married the Civil registrar asked for a Parental advice because he was still 21 years old. His parents were not there and the only person who stood as his guardian was his cousin, who signed our marriage contract. I also remembered that we didn't apply for a marriage license coz we just went there the August 21 and was married at the same day. But when I checked our marriage contract there was a marriage license number stated. Will our marriage be considered null and void? Another thing is that we were already separated since March 1999 and until then I don't have any communication with him at all. I don't know where he is now if his still alive or not. I could not asked his relatives because they already transferred their house and I don't have any idea where they live.

What will be the best thing that I should do to be free from my previous marriage? I know annulment is a very expensive one and it takes a long process. If I file for an annulment, I don't know where I will contact him because we had been separated since 1999. How long would it take for an annulment resolution will be granted on my case.

Hope you can help me and give me an advice on what to do.

Thank you.

Regards,

Cristy

7Voiding a Marriage Empty Re: Voiding a Marriage Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:48 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

if the property is owned by your father, then this is conjugal property of your parents (if they are married).

If you don't want him to come to your house, then discuss with him the options on how he can spend time with your children.

8Voiding a Marriage Empty Re: Voiding a Marriage Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:54 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

@marie
The best thing for your case is to file for declaration of presumptive death. Better seek a lawyer as you will still need to file this thru court.

9Voiding a Marriage Empty Re: Voiding a Marriage Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:28 pm

torah

Arresto Menor

mariecris0914 wrote:Good day Atty..I would just like to seek legal advice regarding the process of my marriage to be null and void.  I was married last August 1997 on a Civil rite at Caloocan City.  My ex husband was 21 years old back then I remembered when we got married the Civil registrar asked for a Parental advice because he was still 21 years old.  His parents were not there and the only person who stood as his guardian was his cousin, who signed our marriage contract.  I also remembered that we didn't apply for a marriage license coz we just went there the August 21 and was married at the same day.  But when I checked our marriage contract there was a marriage license number stated.  Will our marriage be considered null and void?  Another thing is that we were already separated since March 1999 and until then I don't have any communication with him at all.  I don't know where he is now if his still alive or not.  I could not asked his relatives because they already transferred their house and I don't have any idea where they live.  

What will be the best thing that I should do to be free from my previous marriage?  I know annulment is a very expensive one and it takes a long process.  If I file for an annulment, I don't know where I will contact him because we had been separated since 1999.  How long would it take for an annulment resolution will be granted on my case.

Hope you can help me and give me an advice on what to do.  

Thank you.

Regards,

Cristy

email me at: rejoice.subejano@gmail.com and i will answer you query with the advice of securing fast annulment.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum