Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Not rendering 30 days: No clearance, No backpay

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

aprilr

Arresto Menor

Please enlighten me. I gave my resignation yesterday(Oct 17) effective 1 week forward-last day is Oct 25 due to personal reasons.
The HR manager talked to me and said that if I do not render 30 days, I will not get clearance from the company (she said it's a company policy) and if I do not get cleared I won't be able to get my back pay. Can the company do it? How do I approach the company with this. I really can't render 30 days but I believe I have the right to get my hard earned money. Please help.

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

i would advice you to just render the 30 days.
1. You will be liable for damages if you do not. This is under the labor code.
2. In my opinion, last pay may be withheld pending clearance.

try to ask DOLE their hotline is 1349

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

aprilr wrote:Please enlighten me. I gave my resignation yesterday(Oct 17) effective 1 week forward-last day is Oct 25 due to personal reasons.
The HR manager talked to me and said that if I do not render 30 days, I will not get clearance from the company (she said it's a company policy) and if I do not get cleared I won't be able to get my back pay. Can the company do it? How do I approach the company with this. I really can't render 30 days but I believe I have the right to get my hard earned money. Please help.

Even if this matter is in your policy, the company CANNOT absolutely hold your backpay. You have the right to process your clearance and your company has the duty to ascertain that you are cleared of all accountabilities. If there are accountabilities though, your company can hold your clearance TEMPORARILY.

Your company only has to hold your backpay on the condition that you are cleared. If they insist that you forfeit your backpay because you have not rendered the 30 day period, you may file a complaint.

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

yes ang problema in practice, the company will always say na its on process. They wont categorically say na its forfeited na

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

Then these companies should bear the risk of complaints.

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

yeah and the penalty should the arbiter rule against them is just to give the backpay din. so no incentive for them to do so.

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

Problem solved... backpay given.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum