Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

House and lot

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1House and lot Empty House and lot Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:29 pm

mjblessyou

Arresto Menor

Good day Attorneys,
My parents owned a house and lot, now they both passed away leaving the property to all of us their children. My question is: Since my parents are gone for a couple of years now, is it lawful to claim my share of the property? or do I need my siblings signed agreement.
Thank you for your kind consideration.
Best regards,
MJ

2House and lot Empty Re: House and lot Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:39 pm

payoneer

Arresto Mayor

Ownership of the properties left by your parents' were legally transferred to you at the moment of their death. However, before you can claim any portion of the property/ies left by your parents, there are certain legal procedures which should have been taken like the payment of estate taxes for both deceased. Even after this, the respective Estates of your parents should first be settled prior to the actual transfer of the title of the properties to you and to your siblings.

As what I always maintain, it is best to consult with a legal professional when it comes to these matters.

Wink

3House and lot Empty Re: House and lot Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:00 pm

mjblessyou

Arresto Menor

Thank you so much for your feedback. I will consult with legal services.
More power and God bless,
MJ

4House and lot Empty Re: House and lot Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:55 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

An Extrajuridical process is needed to decide who are the hiers and share sizes.
Before you transfer the property, you better agree if
/own together
/split
/sell
/or a hier buy out others.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum