Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rendering 90 days in contract?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rendering 90 days in contract? Empty Rendering 90 days in contract? Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:26 am

jackslayer

Arresto Menor

I've passed my letter of resignation already, but my contract says I need to render 90 days of work after my resignation date. I read the labor code regarding termination of employment contract and it says that I only need to give 1 month of notice to not be liable for damages. My question is, may legal precedent ba talaga itong clause na kailangan ko mag render ng 90 days? Kung hindi ko nirender anong pwede nila igawin saakin?

2Rendering 90 days in contract? Empty Re: Rendering 90 days in contract? Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:16 am

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

pwede ka nila idemanda for damages. You signed the contract so that means you agreed to it.

3Rendering 90 days in contract? Empty Re: Rendering 90 days in contract? Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:30 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

jackslayer wrote:I've passed my letter of resignation already, but my contract says I need to render 90 days of work after my resignation date. I read the labor code regarding termination of employment contract and it says that I only need to give 1 month of notice to not be liable for damages. My question is, may legal precedent ba talaga itong clause na kailangan ko mag render ng 90 days? Kung hindi ko nirender anong pwede nila igawin saakin?

The operative phrase is "at least" - meaning that is the minimum.

ART. 285. Termination by employee. - (a) An employee may terminate without just cause the employee-employer relationship by serving a written notice on the employer at least one (1) month in advance. The employer upon whom no such notice was served may hold the employee liable for damages.

http://www.councilviews.com

4Rendering 90 days in contract? Empty Re: Rendering 90 days in contract? Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:15 pm

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

jackslayer wrote:I've passed my letter of resignation already, but my contract says I need to render 90 days of work after my resignation date. I read the labor code regarding termination of employment contract and it says that I only need to give 1 month of notice to not be liable for damages. My question is, may legal precedent ba talaga itong clause na kailangan ko mag render ng 90 days? Kung hindi ko nirender anong pwede nila igawin saakin?

E klarong klaro naman pala ang 90 days sa kontrata mo e. Kung walang binanggit na period sa kontrata mo, ang 30-day period sa Labor Code ang papasok. Since, klaro sa kontrata ang 90 days at ito ay pinirmahan mo, you are bound by the terms and conditions of your contract.

5Rendering 90 days in contract? Empty Re: Rendering 90 days in contract? Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:53 pm

jackslayer

Arresto Menor

Oh okay. Salamat po guys

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum