Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Outstanding House Rent (Escalated to Estafa; No Contract signed Beforehand)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Edonatsu

Arresto Menor

Hi!
I am asking for a friend of mine. I hope you can give some advise.

A woman rented a house, NO papers were signed. She left after a few months, as she was unable to pay the electricity bill and rent. Now the landlord is claiming that she has outstanding balance in the house. She is gradually paying back the amount now.

The landlord now filed an estafa and damage of property against her in the fiscal’s office. Does that have legal grounds?

Also, the landlord is including the boyfriend of the woman in the respondents, who visits and sleepsover in the house before, at a frequency of 4-5 days/week. Also included in the complaint were some visitors of the woman in the house before. Should the boyfriend and the visitors really be included in this?

Also, given that the woman is gradually paying back her outstanding dues, will the case filed have a strong bearing?

Thank you. Hoping for any advise soon.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum