Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Daily Wage Calculation

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Daily Wage Calculation Empty Daily Wage Calculation Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:52 pm

marloeuyjr

Arresto Menor

Good day!

I would like to inquire regarding the matter of Daily Wage calculation. In the company I am currently employed, they determine the daily rate by dividing it with the total number of days every month saying that our rest days are paid. Is this legal? My previous company only divide the monthly rate by the actual number of working days.

I read a few sections in the Labor Codes that this kind of setting is disadvantageous for all employees. First, premiums and holiday pays are lesser since daily rate is also lesser this way. Second, for unworked regular holidays, we are entitled for a 100% pay but since they consider every day (including rest days) paid day so we don't get this extra benefits.

I hope to hear from you soon.

2Daily Wage Calculation Empty Re: Daily Wage Calculation Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:34 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

yes this should've been determined BEFORE you started working for them. supposedly kasi ang benefit ng all rest days are paid is exactly that, even your rest days are paid. technically the can ask you to come to work on your rest days.

when you apply for work you should ask what the daily wage is, if they tell you 20k a month. ask parin how much ang daily precisely because of this scenario.

yes this is legal. this will only be illegal if they gave you a different computation before and are now changing it.

3Daily Wage Calculation Empty Re: Daily Wage Calculation Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:44 pm

marloeuyjr

Arresto Menor

They only provided monthly rate sa job offer. Also, I did not sign any contract aside sa job offer.

4Daily Wage Calculation Empty Re: Daily Wage Calculation Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:09 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

then what they did was legal.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum