Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Daily rate computation

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Daily rate computation Empty Daily rate computation Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:15 pm

yehey1113

Arresto Menor

Hi,

Need your expert advice regarding the computation of daily rate. Say my monthly rate is 50,000 pesos and it was stated in my employment contract that I have 2 rest days in a week. How do you compute for the daily rate? Is it 50,000*12/365 or 50,000*12/261? Below is the link for the computation of 261 days.

261 days computation

Thanks much in advance.

2Daily rate computation Empty Re: Daily rate computation Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:17 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

261 is correct.

http://www.councilviews.com

3Daily rate computation Empty Re: Daily rate computation Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:58 pm

yehey1113

Arresto Menor

Thanks a lot for the reply.

4Daily rate computation Empty Re: Daily rate computation Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:31 pm

yehey1113

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I would like also to ask if the company has the option to use the 365 days computation eventhough it was mentioned in the employment contract that employees have 2 rest days in a week?

All my previous employers had been using the 261 (Sat and Sun are rest days) and 288 (with half day work on Saturdays) days computation. However, my latest employer wherein we have 2 rest days in a week has used the 365 days when they computed for our daily rates. This resulted to considerably lower amount received by the employee when unused SL and VL were converted to cash. Is this acceptable and legal?

Another question:
My employment has been terminated due to closure effective August 12, 2016. How to compute for my salary for Aug 1-11?
1. Is it my semi-monthly rate minus 2 days absences (Aug 12 and 15)?
2. Or my daily rate times 11 days?
3. Or any other computation? Please advise.

Thanks again in advance.

5Daily rate computation Empty Re: Daily rate computation Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:31 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

yehey1113 wrote:Hi,

I would like also to ask if the company has the option to use the 365 days computation eventhough it was mentioned in the employment contract that employees have 2 rest days in a week?

All my previous employers had been using the 261 (Sat and Sun are rest days) and 288 (with half day work on Saturdays) days computation. However, my latest employer wherein we have 2 rest days in a week has used the 365 days when they computed for our daily rates. This resulted to considerably lower amount received by the employee when unused SL and VL were converted to cash. Is this acceptable and legal?

Another question:
My employment has been terminated due to closure effective August 12, 2016. How to compute for my salary for Aug 1-11?
1. Is it my semi-monthly rate minus 2 days absences (Aug 12 and 15)?
2. Or my daily rate times 11 days?
3. Or any other computation? Please advise.

Thanks again in advance.

If you have 2 RDs per week then the 261 divisor should be used.

1. If you are a (semi) monthly paid employee, then it's just a matter of subtracting 2 days.
2. as above
3. no

http://www.councilviews.com

6Daily rate computation Empty Re: Daily rate computation Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:42 pm

yehey1113

Arresto Menor

Thanks a lot for the clarification.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum