Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Resignation being held

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Resignation being held Empty Resignation being held Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:10 am

waldz09

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I would like to seek your advice on what I would do with my situation with my current employer.

I submitted my resignation letter last August 17 stating that my last day was after 15 days. I know that the law states that I should render 30 days. There is a mass resignation of our team due to issues with our immediate supervisor. They were allowed 15 days to render their last days. But I was not. They initially told me that my leaving was not foreseen so I should render the 30 days. I was informed just now that they reviewed my contract and it states that rendering is 45 days.

Is there any grounds I could move this thru a legal process? Do you have any advice on how I should proceed with this matter?

Thank you very much in advance.

2Resignation being held Empty Re: Resignation being held Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:33 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

waldz09 wrote:Hi,

I would like to seek your advice on what I would do with my situation with my current employer.

I submitted my resignation letter last August 17 stating that my last day was after 15 days. I know that the law states that I should render 30 days. There is a mass resignation of our team due to issues with our immediate supervisor. They were allowed 15 days to render their last days. But I was not. They initially told me that my leaving was not foreseen so I should render the 30 days. I was informed just now that they reviewed my contract and it states that rendering is 45 days.

Is there any grounds I could move this thru a legal process? Do you have any advice on how I should proceed with this matter?

Thank you very much in advance.

With a mass resignation that may affect the business, the company may have the right to require you to comply with the proper notice period.

If you have any doubts, you can ask them to show the signed contract stating the 45 days.

To make things easier for everyone, including yourself, you might want to just comply with whatever is written (in law, or in contract) otherwise it might take even longer with all the legal moves both of you may take.

http://www.councilviews.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum