Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Obtained Foreign Divorce

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Obtained Foreign Divorce Empty Obtained Foreign Divorce Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:26 am

Dennis_2010

Arresto Menor

Dear Atty,

I am a Dutch National residing in the Philippines. After being separated with my now ex-wife for 5 Years and legally obtained a divorce through the Dutch Court, is it possible to start a new relation ship in the Philippines and live together? I am still going through an annulment case which i started before obtaining the divorce, so i would like the legal aspects on this case as my ex-wife is being very difficult in this case. Even if she agreed and had to countersign all the documents to get the Divorce in The Netherlands. Any reply would be highly appreciated.

Dennis

2Obtained Foreign Divorce Empty Re: Obtained Foreign Divorce Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:25 am

attyLLL

you should discuss 'recognition of foreign judgment' with your lawyer in lieu of or in addition to the annulment case.

ph law doesn't recognize your divorce until it undergoes the process of recognition so I don't recommend you being openly in a new relationship while you are still considered married.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum