Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

foreign divorce

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1foreign divorce Empty foreign divorce Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:26 am

payakaa

Arresto Menor

Hello, I am an American man. A few years ago I married a Filipina who I met in Angeles City. My wife later disappeared and I was not able to find her for three years. Earlier this year she got in touch with me to tell me she was pregnant with another man's baby and she asked me for financial help. I agreed to help her financially if she would agree to sign for an uncontested divorce. We did not have any property in common or children together so she accepted my offer and we were granted a divorce by the American courts.

My question is this. Can I ever marry again in the Philippines. And if so do I need to file anything with the Philippino courts to have them recognize my American divorce?

Thanks

2foreign divorce Empty Re: foreign divorce Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:12 pm

ibonidarna

ibonidarna
Reclusion Perpetua

Yes you can marry again. There is no need for you to file anything in court. Just bring your divorce decree to the LCR when you apply for the marriage license and other requirements that they may ask. You need to present:

Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage from your embassy;

The Affidavit in Lieu of a Certificate of Legal Capacity to Marry;

Divorce decree(s) or death certificate(s) required to verify civil status and capacity to marry;

U.S. passport; and

Documentation regarding paternal consent or advice, if applicable.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum