Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Maid blottering me

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Maid blottering me Empty Maid blottering me Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:42 pm

mongobread

Arresto Menor

Good day to the moderators.

I'll just make this store simple.

I have a maid (around 40 yrs old) that was hired Jan. 7, 2011 and left (Jan. 15, 2011) to attend 'binyagan' of her son/daughter's anak daw. Before she left (around 6:00PM ata) we discussed verbally that bumalik agad kinabukasan dahil I work as a freelancer and without her help sa house I can't work because I have to attend to my wife na kapapanganak lang ng pangatlo namin (ceasarian) baby kung wala sya. I have 4 yrs old and 1 yr old daughter pa so my wife can't be alone everyday.

We discussed and stressed to her bumalik sya agad at wala kang sasahurin dahil di ako makakapagtrabaho. Kung sakali man di ka payagan ng anak mo bumalik (kasi nagpaparamdam na ayaw na magtrabaho dahil mukhang walang pasensya sa pre-schooler at toddler ko) sabihan agad ako so I can find replacement immediately.

She was asking 500 pesos advance before she left but I told her hindi ako nagpapa-advance not till makalagpas ka ng 1 month. But still pina-advance ko pero 250 pesos lang. But before nakahiram na din sya 50 pesos para makitawag daw.

Marami beses na kasi ako naloloko ng maids na mag-advance tapos di na babalik.

Kanina umaga (Jan 24, 2011) lang bumalik at ever since wala ako news sa kanya. She was demanding her 500 pesos daw na unpaid based sa 3k/monthly (provincial kami kaya mataas pa nga bigay ko, provincial sa lugar namin ay 2.5k/mo).

I didn't give dahil sa dami ng reklamo ng wife ko sa kanya. Yung toddler ko napapabayaan nakakatulog na may pupu sa diaper, nakitaan ng kurot, lagi naiiyak pag nagpapaligo at nagla-lock ng pinto ng kwarto pag nagpapatulog ng bata, at marami pa iba.

But she was insisting na makuha ang pera, pero di ako natinag.

I said kahit pabarangay mo pa ako wala ako mabibigay sayo dahil may malinaw tayo usapan nun. Maaring verbal nga lang pero everything was verbal naman between us. 3k/mo salary, terms ng hiring (mga ayaw at terms na tulad na payag ka ba na dalawa lang muna day-off mo in this month kasi nga we badly need you para makapagwork ako.) so on and so forth. As much as possible tapusin mo na lang one month mo para mabigay ko complete sahod mo.

I know this was only a matter of 500 pesos, pero gusto ko na rin matutunan mga rights ko kahit barangay basis muna lang muna dahil marami na times na kami agrabyado at ngayon nagtry lang kami maghipit ay kami agad masama.

Thanks in advance for the tips. More power to this site.

2Maid blottering me Empty Re: Maid blottering me Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:20 pm

attyLLL

you mean she is still there staying with you?

maids hold a very scary position. they fix your food and care for your children. do you really want to keep her?

SECTION 14. Indemnity for unjust termination of service. — If the period for household service is fixed, neither the employer nor the househelper may terminate the contract before the expiration of the term, except for a just cause. If the househelper is unjustly dismissed, he or she shall be paid the compensation already earned plus that for fifteen (15) days by way of indemnity.

If the househelper leaves without justifiable reason, he or she shall forfeit any unpaid salary due him or her not exceeding fifteen (15) days.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Maid blottering me Empty Re: Maid blottering me Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:07 pm

mongobread

Arresto Menor

Hindi na, she came yesterday asking for 500 after AWOL from Jan 15 till yesterday. Mga 9 days din yun and as a freelancer I was not able to work dahil I need to assist my wife. My wife naman cooks eh.

Wala naman kami contract, verbal na usapan lang. Pero gusto ko ipush na di ko sya mababayaran dahil bigla syang nag AWOL after mag dayoff. Hindi naman sya unjustly dismissed and wala siyang iniwan na justifiable reason till yesterday lang.

Ang reason pa nya eh di katanggap tanggap. Sabi nya, iniwan daw nya yun anak nya 6 yrs old and 10 yrs old sa nakakatanda nya atang anak din or kapatid ata. Pumasok sya sa amin bcoz akala walang bata, eh since day 1 naman alam na nya and even before that. Na instruct na sya nun nagrefer.

Monthly ang usapan at stay-in sya, pero calculation nya eh per day basis but still I don't want to pay up kasi na-istorbo ang work ko.

4Maid blottering me Empty Re: Maid blottering me Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:21 pm

mongobread

Arresto Menor

Firstly, thanks @attyLLL for the tip.

That really hit the spot and I won the hearing kanina.

Just a note to others, pasok yun section 14 kahit pa verbal agreement. It's still considered as a contract. Pero to be sure mas okay naka document in which I've learned my lesson and magco-contrata na ako next time.

Case closed. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum