Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Refusal to release TOR & Diploma in the University Registrar

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

asisclo llorca

Arresto Menor

Dear Attorney,

Cause of Grievance:

On April 10, 2014, I filed a request to the school registrar office to obtain a true copy of my TOR and Diploma for authentication/red ribbon purposes. For three working days I follow up the said document every day, however the registrar office refused to release because they cannot locate or find my records and I stop making follow up, since I need to go back to my work in Qatar because I have only very limited number of days of my vacation.

Last June 30, 2016, I went back again to my school to continue a follow up of my TOR and Diploma. Daily, the same reason they are telling me that they are still searching my records, since I able to bring my old true copy of my TOR and Diploma which was issued on December, 1984 and I showed to them. On July 07, 2016, the registrar office personnel told me to pay the amount to the accounting office of the same school as requirement prior to release any documents, so I did it. When I come back the following day July 08, 2016, the registrar told me that they found my enrollment records and they found out that there are INC grade with two subjects drop. So I claimed  with them that their records are not updated because I have close all my INC grades and I did not drop two (2) subject  as what they said, because I knew that I cannot graduate if I cannot complete the requirements. At the end, the registrar told me to come back to his office and told me to bring evidence to show him. Since only the original true copy of old TOR and Diploma I have, I showed it to the registrar but instead he refer me to his assistant to coordinate and his assistant told me to go to ETEEAP office inside the school main campus, from there I learned that I have to pay PHP 80 thousand to one hundred thousand pesos.

More Information:  

The old TOR issued to me on December, 1984 was used in the compliance to PRC to take a Board Examination for Civil Engineering in 1986 and I passed as Certified Civil Engineer. Same document I used for my employment local and abroad. In fact I remember that in the year 1990 not sure enough I process my school documents in Malacanang for Red Ribbon as requirement to work abroad. But those copy of my documents were damaged during typhoon Sendong in Cagayan de Oro City my old residence.

Personal
Reaction:

The new school Registrar is unfair and unjust without proper evaluation and proper   verification and investigation of the documents and directly concluded that I did not graduate. None of the signing personnel exist in their office specially the person in charge in the records section for engineering course from 1982 as I graduated the Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering and also the Registrar who certified my TOR and the University President who signed my Diploma. The new Registrar is giving me embarrassment that for 34 years he do so and deprived me of my employment as my main source of income.

attyLLL

I recommend you write to the legal office of CHED regarding this issue.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum