Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

My employer wants my original diploma

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My employer wants my original diploma Empty My employer wants my original diploma Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:12 am

dante2015

Arresto Menor

Hi there, I just got employed and my employer wants my original diploma for filing. Ok lang po ba yan? Thank you..

2My employer wants my original diploma Empty Re: My employer wants my original diploma Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:15 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

dante2015 wrote:Hi there, I just got employed and my employer wants my original diploma for filing. Ok lang po ba yan? Thank you..

It's not illegal per se.

But quite unusual.

Ask why they need the original.

Offer to show the original but submit only a photocopy.

http://www.councilviews.com

3My employer wants my original diploma Empty Re: My employer wants my original diploma Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:25 am

dante2015

Arresto Menor

As cashier po marami daw kasing nag sho-short sa remittance o kaya nag cash advance tapos next day hindi na papasok. Sabi daw po parang collateral/security. Thank you.

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

Nothing in the labor code nor decided cases by the Supreme Court says that such a requirement by your employer is patently illegal.

As Council has aptly stated, it is an unusual requirement, but it is quite understandable from the employer's perspective since there are indeed potential employees who regularly go AWOL without even finishing the training period. It is a way of securing that they can get cashiers to work for them without resorting to AWOL kaagad kapag nahirapan na. Sayang din naman kasi yung oras na ginugol nung employer to train employees, tapos aalis lang agad.

To protect your diploma, make sure to claim it back again after finishing all the requirements needed by your employer, whether it be a stipulated period na kelangan matapos or any other stipulation. Important na naiintindihan mo lahat ng pinipirmahan mong employment contract terms para apprised ka sa mga pwedeng mangyari. Have the HR explain any terms na di mo naiintindihan.

Alternatively, you can present a photocopied diploma na may stamp na certified original from your school in case you have one. That's almost as good as any diploma, and explain it to your employer that it is usually expensive to have another diploma made from your school and that you want to safekeep such an important document. Siguro they'll make you sign some other form of collateral or security, like a training bond of sorts.

Good luck in your situation.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum