Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

LEGITIMATION

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1LEGITIMATION Empty LEGITIMATION Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:43 pm

kgpmobi

Arresto Menor

Hi,

My wife and I are currently processing the legitimation of our first born son. My name is not listed in our son's birth record. According to the process below, we must secure 2 supporting documents, where our son should be declared as beneficiary. Is my son's current birth name the one we should add? What should we do if the other gov't agencies doesn't allow his name to be declared unless we have the same surname?

Thanks in advance and may God bless you further!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LEGITIMATION AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT REQUIREMENTS

AND THE STEPS TO FOLLOW FOR THE APPLICATION

I.   SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS (ALL ORIGINAL COPY) AT RM. 117-A.

1.   Latest Local Certified True Copy of birth Certificate of the child.

2.   Latest Copy of Marriage Contract of parents:

–     If issued in Manila – Certified True Copy only

–       If issued outside Manila – NSO/SECPA copy only

3.   Latest Copy of Certificate of No Marriage of both parents from NSO (CENOMAR)

4.   Original Baptismal Certificate of the child.

5.   If the name of the father does not appear at the birth certificate of  the child Submit at  least 2 supporting documents from the following:

5.1   SSS-E1 or E4 of the father where the child is declared as beneficiary.

5.2   GSIS of the father where the child is declared as beneficiary.

5.3   Income Tax Return of the father where the child is declared as beneficiary

5.4   Philhealth of the father where the child is declared as beneficiary

5.5   Insurance of parents where the child is declared as beneficiary

5.6   Original Copy of Report card  (F-138) & Certified True Copy of School Record  (F-137)

of the child wherein the name of the father is declared and the signature of the father

is affix at the card.

5.7   Statement of assets and liabilities

2LEGITIMATION Empty Re: LEGITIMATION Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:49 pm

kgpmobi

Arresto Menor

By the way. My son was born in UAE, if that matters.

3LEGITIMATION Empty Re: LEGITIMATION Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:48 am

lenzalai

lenzalai
Prision Correccional

hi! in my case, my husband has abandoned us for years now..an abandonment case has been filed..our daughter is already in Grade 2 but still not legitimated yet.  been finding ways to see my husband for us to sworn a joint affidavit of legitimation for that matter but he ( husband) is nowhere to be found.

Do i still need to pursue with the legitimation for my daughter's BC or just leave it as it is?  what are the possible problems that my daughter will encounter in the future if ever her BC will not be legitimized?

I would appreciate to hear from you.

4LEGITIMATION Empty Re: LEGITIMATION Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:32 pm

attyLLL

kgpmobi, the legitimated child will use the surname of the father.

lenzalai, it is very possible that she will face problems in the future if this is not fixed now. inquire with the Local Civil Registrar what your options are considering your husband is missing. I believe the marriage contract ca be sufficient along with other docs.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum