Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Married with someone who has two names

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Married with someone who has two names Empty Married with someone who has two names Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:11 pm

forlegaladvise

Arresto Menor

My boyfriend and I got married last month but I found out that he was already married, but was registered with a different name.
I saw in his files that he has an affidavit of Identity stating that he is one and the same person with the name stated with his marriage contract with another person, and with the name stated on ours.
He has an NSO marriage certificate with his first marriage.

Our marriage documents is still in process. Will those documents suffice to cancel the process of our marriage?
Will there be any legal cases against me for marrying someone who is already married but I was not aware of?

marlo

Reclusion Perpetua

My dear your marriage is bigamous and can be nullified thru court as it does not exists and never happenned at all. Unfortunately your husband is a bigamist, and liable for a criminal offense if the legal wife files a bigamy case against him.

attyLLL

it would be good if you can prevent the marriage contract from being filed, but once it is in the system, then your recourse will be to go to court to have it declared void.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum