Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lot in Subdivision with arrears-- Parents have passed away

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Mc2012

Arresto Menor

Hi,

This is the sitiuation-- my parents purchased a house and lot in a subdivision, but I just found out recently that the property still has unpaid arrears, and the title is still registered under the developer's name. My parents have the Agreement to Sell.

Now, according to the developer, I can pay the arrears, and the title will be released but will still be under the name of developer--- after which I can work with BIR, and Registry of Deeds to then transfer the title to my name (after processing of self-adjudication as I am an only child and my parents left no Last Will and Testament). Is this the correct process? Also, it will take me a while to raise the funds to pay off the full arrears, but I can pay ASAP all delinquent taxes. Will I be able to start the self-adjudication already even if I have not paid the arrears yet?

I'm a bit new in these process-- can any expert in such situation chime in?

Thanks!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum