Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is NO WORK NO PAY policy legal?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Is NO WORK NO PAY policy legal? Empty Is NO WORK NO PAY policy legal? Wed May 25, 2016 3:52 pm

indispensable

Arresto Menor

I am a IT consultant in a software company. As IT consultants we are deployed or assigned to various clients. In cases that our project ends, we are placed in bench to await our next project. I am a regular employee of the software company however due to the lack of projects I was informed that I will be placed on NO WORK NO PAY or temporary lay-off to alleviate further loss of the company. This will not to exceed 6 months and will be lifted when a project is available.

Is this legal? Thanks!

2Is NO WORK NO PAY policy legal? Empty Re: Is NO WORK NO PAY policy legal? Wed May 25, 2016 4:22 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

yes it is legal. After 6 months of no work you can file for constructive dismissal.

3Is NO WORK NO PAY policy legal? Empty Re: Is NO WORK NO PAY policy legal? Wed May 25, 2016 5:43 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

Yes, provided it is permitted under circumstances for a period of not more than six (6) months. Beyond this period, floating status becomes constructive dismissal which entitles the employee to separation pay (Phil. Industrial Security Agency Corp. vs. Virgilio Dapiton and NLRC, 320 SCRA 124)

http://www.councilviews.com

4Is NO WORK NO PAY policy legal? Empty Re: Is NO WORK NO PAY policy legal? Wed May 25, 2016 8:29 pm

indispensable

Arresto Menor

Thanks!

5Is NO WORK NO PAY policy legal? Empty Re: Is NO WORK NO PAY policy legal? Tue May 31, 2016 7:02 pm

indispensable

Arresto Menor

Another question, if we are to be placed in temporary lay-off status, should we be notified 1 month before the effective date of the temporary lay-off?

6Is NO WORK NO PAY policy legal? Empty Re: Is NO WORK NO PAY policy legal? Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:42 am

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

no, from what i remember that only applies if permanent ang layoff

7Is NO WORK NO PAY policy legal? Empty Re: Is NO WORK NO PAY policy legal? Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:13 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

indispensable wrote:Another question, if we are to be placed in temporary lay-off status, should we be notified 1 month before the effective date of the temporary lay-off?

Even your company won't be able to tell if a client wants to pull out the next day and unless there is an agreement for prior notice between them, there is also no way to give you a 1 month notice.

http://www.councilviews.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum