Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Surname Problems

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Surname Problems Empty Surname Problems Mon May 23, 2016 7:05 pm

Satchimie_Czaji

Arresto Menor

good evening po. my mother's maiden surname is masipiquiña. her father's surname is masapequiña. sa mga kapatid nya po, masepequiña. sa LCR nya po, masipiquinia po ung spelling. when we tried to get her NSO birth, both the masipiquiña and masipiquinia spellings got negative results. her NSO birth is q requirement for her retirement.. what should we do about this? please help. Sad

2Surname Problems Empty Re: Surname Problems Mon May 23, 2016 7:59 pm

centro

Reclusion Perpetua

Some guide questions:
1. Are you certain that your mother's Certificate of Live Birth is registered at the Local Civil Registry?
2. If so, what are the first and surnames as written in the birth certificate entered at the Office of Local Registry? It could be the first name filed is not the one in NSO. You stated Masipiquiña and Masipiquinia resulted in negative results. What about Masepiquinia and Masepiquiña and Masapequinia and Masapequiña?

The best way to check this is to go to LCR where your mother filed here registration, ask for the record keeping based on the date of birth and registration. Be sure to provide them with a copy of the Certificate of Live Birth document.

Check also if indeed the birth certificate was forwarded to NSO for registration.
If indeed BC was registered and forwarded to NSO but there is a discrepancy in spelling, corrections can be done at the LCR level without any complication as this is a typographical error.
I suggest you go through steps 1 and 2 first.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum